AE CS4 problem(New with AE)

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
IzayaNeko
Org Profile

AE CS4 problem(New with AE)

Post by IzayaNeko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 am

Hi guys!I'm new to this forum and also new with After Effect cs4!

Now that i'm in vacations i had plenty time to play around with AE but when i tried to put a video on it,it was taking out this:
After effects error:file ''(the files name).avi'' cannot be imported?this .avi' fille is damaged or unsupported

Btw i made this video on sony vegas so i could put some extra effects on AE!But no!I tried some other files and the same!I also tried to re-install it but nothing changed....

Any suggestions plz? :cry:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: AE CS4 problem(New with AE)

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Do you know what codec your files were encoded with?
If not, get mediainfo and it'll tell you.

Divx, Xvid aren't meant for editing, and can cause programs to throw a fit like this.
H.264 isn't any better (and it shouldn't be in an .avi container, but it is possible).

If you're just planning on working with a small section of your AMV (or even the entire AMV) you should have the space to render out of vegas with a lossless codec such as UTVideo or Lagarith (google those if you don't have them, or get them from the amvapp).

IzayaNeko
Org Profile

Re: AE CS4 problem(New with AE)

Post by IzayaNeko » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:46 am

Kariudo wrote:Do you know what codec your files were encoded with?
If not, get mediainfo and it'll tell you.

Divx, Xvid aren't meant for editing, and can cause programs to throw a fit like this.
H.264 isn't any better (and it shouldn't be in an .avi container, but it is possible).

If you're just planning on working with a small section of your AMV (or even the entire AMV) you should have the space to render out of vegas with a lossless codec such as UTVideo or Lagarith (google those if you don't have them, or get them from the amvapp).
Thnx u very much!^^I'll try and i'll tell u the resolts! :D

Return to “Adobe Software”