Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"] - Ended

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"] - Ended

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 am

Round 2 : "After Story"

Congratulations to our Project NeoEditor bonus round winner! This is your prize! Developing a round theme for Project OrgEditor, and letting the world see your amazing theme developing abilities!

Theme Explanation

Congratulations for making it to round 2 of our fantastic competitition! You've shown that you're more than capable of advertising/promoting, which is a very common aspect in modern editing for television. But we didn't come to this contest to make the crap we see on TV, correct?

Well now... The REAL contest shall begin.

Project OrgEditor Champions need to be able to tell a story. Storytelling is a common aspect in any good AMV, and this more than applies to the real world of film and entertainment. But here at Project OrgEditor, things aren't always just that simple.

Haven't you ever seen that movie that you just wanted to MURDER for having a horrible ending? Like in Romeo and Juliet. I was hacked off that we never got to see what happened to the two starcrossed lovers. Did they go to heaven? Did they go to hell? Or did they meetup in the afterlife, find a lovely Starbucks and realize they were incompatible?

Actually.... That sounds like a good idea!
Round Framework wrote: For the second round of this competition, you must create an AMV that shows us what happens AFTER the story has ended. After the climax has occured and the credits have rolled, what happens to everyone?

With the example I gave above, you could show Romeo and Juliet in hell! Or in heaven! Or in a Starbucks! It's completely up to you how you create your video and what story you tell!
Theme Execution Criteria

Each round, 30 points of your possible scores are awarded to the execution of the theme. What does this mean for this round?

Judges have been instructed to look for how well the editors told their "after story".

Was it obvious what happened? Was it well told? Could we tell a distinction between what actually happened in the ending and where it went from there?

While it is not a requirement to show the actual "ending" to your story before your "after story", it is necessary to show that what we're seeing is different than just an actual ending, and what we're looking at is an "after story".

Elimination Numbers

For this round, 4 editors will be eliminated. Editors with the lowest 4 overall scores will be eliminated. In the event of a tie that would result in more than 4 editors being eliminated, we will have a backup judge determine the eliminated editor.

Should 4 or more editors drop in this round, we will adjust the number of eliminations.

Should less than 4 editors drop, we will only eliminate the number of competitors that make up the difference. [For example, if 2 editors dropped, we will only eliminate 2 editors]

Special Instructions

1) No anime restrictions. Live action and non-anime animation is permitted.
2) No audio restrictions.
3) Competitors MUST contact me via PM in order to receive FTP information. THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVIOUS ROUND. You will be given a number which will represent your file name.
4) Deadline is June 16th at 11:59 PM Central Time. Judging will begin on June 17th and run through June 18th. Results will be posted when all judging is complete, or on June 19th, whichever comes first.
Last edited by CodeZTM on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"]

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:27 am

I'm just a tad puzzled on two things. Does it have to be a known already created story or can we make up our own new one ? When you say it is not required to show the actual ending, do you mean it's possible we could just have the video only containing the afterstory and nothing b4 it ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 am

Was it obvious what happened? Was it well told? Could we tell a distinction between what actually happened in the ending and where it went from there?

While it is not a requirement to show the actual "ending" to your story before your "after story", it is necessary to show that what we're seeing is different than just an actual ending, and what we're looking at is an "after story".

Yea that kind of contradicts itself.

And I guess we have to use something all the judges would know the ending to? ._.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 am

inb4Clannad
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 am

Ileia wrote:inb4Clannad
SIlly Ileia, ive never finish clannad (So that means No one has!)....... so NARUTO would be the obvious source..
Naruto + Linking Park - in the end :up:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:31 am

Mkid wrote:
Ileia wrote:inb4Clannad
SIlly Ileia, ive never finish clannad (So that means No one has!)....... so NARUTO would be the obvious source..
Naruto + Linking Park - in the end :up:

*sigh*....

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:22 am

Can I use Hidamari Sketch again and show the girls doing... nothing much, like in ALL previous episodes? |:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:21 am

The moment I saw the title and read the round's theme the source that came instantly to mind was Clannad. :| I need a better idea...

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:22 am

Dear Code.

This is hell.

Yours Sincerely,
Nya-chan Production

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:45 am

I'm interested in seeing what everybody comes up with.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”