Preview video problem on CS5

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
anurok
Org Profile

Preview video problem on CS5

Post by anurok » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:16 am

When I see my source video I can see the whole picture of what I am editing from. When I take a clip and place it on my sequence the program, for whatever reason, places it on my timeline but has the image zoomed in or something. I have no idea why it is doing this. I had to go back and re-adjust all of my images manually. I have not had this issue with past premieres...Its like the preview area does not want the whole scene or something.

The shitty part is that it EXPORTS the same way. Zoomed in, every single scene. Really annoying. Anyone know why?
N0OB wrote: Koop edits his s*** in Paint and it looks better than this.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Preview video problem on CS5

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 am

Make sure that your sequence settings match your source footage. If your sequence size is smaller than your footage, you'll have to manually scale your footage down to match the sequence, because Premiere puts things on the timeline at their native resolution, unless you change them manually.

anurok
Org Profile

Post by anurok » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:30 am

yeah I think that was my issue. I had the sequence set to 720x480 where as the source was 1280x720...time to start over.

Ugh, any way to salvage what I have?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:33 am

Shouldn't be too hard. Create the new Sequence with the right settings, go to the old one, Control+A (Windows) or Command-A (Mac), Copy, and Paste into the new sequence. It's worked for me on CS4, I don't see why it wouldn't on CS5.

anurok
Org Profile

Post by anurok » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:27 pm

I tried moving it over with copy and past but it brought over all of the resizing I did. I had to recreate my timeline. Good thing I was only 30 seconds in haha.

So much human error on my part. I need to pay more attention. Also, when I export I set to to h.264 @ 720p but I ned up getting black bars at the sides and top/bot. Shouldn't iit export and fill my pixels chosen? Or do I just need to crop with avisynth when I compress it with vdub?

Return to “Adobe Software”