Steins;Gate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Steins;Gate

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:37 pm

AniDB wrote:The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara and is about a group of friends who have managed to customize their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.
Preparing for SERN experiments with Large Shinkai Collider ^^

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate

Post by Kireblue » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I keep asking myself if the main character is on drugs. He has a cool personality, but I don't particularly like monologues.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:34 am

So far this is one of my favs. I kept replaying the 'your banana is all floppy' bit X'D

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 am

Keeping an eye on this.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:14 am

definitely gonna keep watching, i found the first ep a bit confusing at first, however, i could already tell what had happened in ep one before it got to the end..

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:07 am

"W-who would eat your perverted banana?!" :oops:
This show is a great mix of comedy and suspense.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 pm

After first minute I knew this was gonna be awesome. I really love the style of the scenes (from colors to feelings) characters, this mysterious'n'creepy mood and above all this kind of Psychopathic characters :) Well who woudn't freak out if he found out that...
Spoiler :
he sent mail to the past and right after that saw some chick alive after seeing her dead on the floor, right?
ImageImage

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue May 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Waaa, I can't get enough of this! :D
The ending of episode 8 threw me away and left me with this feeling "I want more of this crack" :awesome:
ImageImage

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:15 am

Still loving it.

Bongu-san
Org Profile

Post by Bongu-san » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm bias toward time-travel based stories, but I think Steins;Gate has much more character development and much more engaging that its older cousin/uncle/brother (Chaos;Head).Actually, its because of this development that makes me think there is a reason behind this palette of grays.

The last two episodes (8 & 9) are driving toward something - hopefully not a train - each outdoing what it did in the previous episode. It makes you wonder what he will change next. Oh, and the fan service at the end of Episode 9 was great.
ibabrak wrote:Waaa, I can't get enough of this! :D
... "I want more of this crack" :awesome:
x2
kireblue wrote:I keep asking myself if the main character is on drugs. He has a cool personality, but I don't particularly like monologues.
The main character in Chaos;Head was worse, but I imagine the monologues will get more frequent and may lead toward a psychological breakdown based on the current foreshadowing elements I've noticed.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”