Project OrgEditor [Discussion (Spam) Thread]

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Discussion (Spam) Thread]

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:33 pm

OTL

I had finished editing the video but then premiere decided to be lame and all and won't me allow to switch footage so I'll just have to re-edit the thing. Oh well, it should be even easier, at least. >_>

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:58 pm

That premier is a real bastard sometimes. :|

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 am

I should probably edit more often. Or edit so badly this round so I don't have to edit as often.
Under Construction

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:56 am

And I'm ready now. I think it came out even better less bad than it was. :D

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 am

And the entries are slowly accumulating. :awesome:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:04 am

CodeZTM wrote:[Added : 5/27/11] Live action and non-anime sources are permitted, except in the final round.
So, this is an AMV contest, hosted on an AMV website, getting special treatment from the administrators by giving you a whole subforum for this contest and even a special icon on the member page for winning editors... but you've changed the rules so that it's not a requirement to even use anime anymore? I personally think it's unethical but also doesn't support the community but that's just me. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just in the contest forum but since you got special treatment, it annoys me.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:39 am

Nope, it's not the editor getting the badge, but the Final's winning video. And that has to be an AMV.
Anyway, the point of this contest is to getting people to edit new things that they wouldn't do otherwise, so having them vary sources too isn't so bad of an idea anyway, imho.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 am

Pwolf wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:[Added : 5/27/11] Live action and non-anime sources are permitted, except in the final round.
So, this is an AMV contest, hosted on an AMV website, getting special treatment from the administrators by giving you a whole subforum for this contest and even a special icon on the member page for winning editors... but you've changed the rules so that it's not a requirement to even use anime anymore? I personally think it's unethical but also doesn't support the community but that's just me. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just in the contest forum but since you got special treatment, it annoys me.
Like mirko already pointed out, the point of the contest isn't to be completely AMVcentric, but rather to support seeing amazing videos that people would otherwise not see/edit. We've all seen fantastic non-AMV videos around here, mostly in general discussion. The point of this contest is the editing, not so much the source of which is being edited.

I also have to note that probably 80-90% of the editors will use anime. There are few and far in between that will probably use live action or non anime. At least, that's how last year resulted. I can actively remember about 3-4 videos out of about... Oh 20-30 videos that used live action/non-anime.

I think most people around here are more comfortable using anime. Besides the fact that many of the rounds were developed with AMVs in mind, I think you shouldn't worry so much. Besides the fact that editing live-action and non-anime is harder to edit [imho] than anime.

And yes, the badge is ONLY for the winning final video, which has the requirement to be an AMV, meaning anime-only source. ALTHOUGH, even a-m-v.org provides that live action/non-anime can take up a certain percentage of the AMV. ;)

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 am

Pwolf wrote:getting special treatment from the administrators.
If it's any consolation, I've yet to receive beer, soda, or pizza. Only vidyas :x . Contrary to popular belief, they aren't edible.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:27 pm

it's not about wither or not it's easier or harder, or if people are actually going to use other sources, or even getting people to edit new things. This is an AMV website, if the administration is going to give you special treatment, the contest should be about AMVs and getting people to edit new things around that. That's why i signed up, I wanted to edit AMVs and compete against other AMVs. Not make ads and commercials in the first round and then make an AMV and compete against god knows what.

Not to mention any future implications. Whats stopping someone from creating a non-anime contest and then demand the org give them the same treatment. they already let you do it. If we're going to allow people to hold non-anime editing contest that are more or less sponsored by the org, then lets open the database and forums to all other sources. "getting people to edit new things" is one of the major arguments for creating those sub forums but has been shot down by the administration in the past. why the change of heart all of a sudden?

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”