AR & Resolution changing after render

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
jkun666
Org Profile

AR & Resolution changing after render

Post by jkun666 » Mon May 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi , I can't seem to get the settings right for my project. I am using source video with the resolution of 712 x 480, and being resized to 848 x 480 with AviSynth. The reason I am posting my problem in this forum rather than AviSynth is because the video only changes after I have passed a render on it in Adobe Premiere. The video is fine while I am editing it but when I run a render (red bar to green bar etc) it changes the video dramatically. I have tried multiple resolution and aspect ratio settings but each time it stuffs it up after the render. Any help on why this is happening and/or how I can fix it would be great! thanks.

jkun666
Org Profile

Re: AR & Resolution changing after render

Post by jkun666 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:17 pm

It seems that even when I keep the original video size at 712 x 480 and project settings 712 x 480 (AR 1:1) it adds 2 black bars to the side. :cry:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon May 30, 2011 5:34 pm

what are the project/sequence settings and render settings? they should be exactly the same (frame size, aspect, etc.). if they aren't it's going to cause problems.

alternatly, you can crop the black bars and then resize with avisynth.

jkun666
Org Profile

Post by jkun666 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Pwolf wrote:what are the project/sequence settings and render settings? they should be exactly the same (frame size, aspect, etc.). if they aren't it's going to cause problems.

alternatly, you can crop the black bars and then resize with avisynth.
Sorry, I am new to this stuff. I can't seem to find specific settings just for the render. I am using CS4, and it seems the guides found in google only mention earlier versions.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon May 30, 2011 8:04 pm

those settings are set when you export the video...

jkun666
Org Profile

Post by jkun666 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Pwolf wrote:those settings are set when you export the video...
Oh, I am not trying to export the video yet. Sorry, I am having problems with the preview itself after I hit 'enter'. It's changing after that, without any settings adjustments.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 pm

oh, in that case you want to change your preview setting... open up the sequence settings (right click the sequence in the project bin and select "seqence settings").

Default should be something like

File Format: Microsoft AVI
Codec: DV...

Change the codec to something else like lagarith or ut video and then you can change the frame size and other setting.

Those setting don't really matter though. I usualy just leave the default because it wont render out like that, it's just for caching the timeline so you watch the video without it trying to render in real-time.

jkun666
Org Profile

Post by jkun666 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:28 pm

Pwolf wrote:oh, in that case you want to change your preview setting... open up the sequence settings (right click the sequence in the project bin and select "seqence settings").
Ah, I found the problem. In the playback settings the aspect ratio conversion was set to hardware. I changed it to 'none' and the video doesn't morph. Thanks ! :D

Return to “Adobe Software”