Post by Nicho Void » Mon May 30, 2011 2:53 pm

I, for one, will continue to be 100% pony free. :awesome:
ImageImageImage

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Rules & F.A.Q]

Post by MimS » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:01 am

Can the vid be mostly Live-action for the 1st round?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:14 am

MimS wrote:Can the vid be mostly Live-action for the 1st round?
It can be 100% LA according to the altered rules.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:45 am

Ok, if u say so, wasn't about it reading them : )

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Are only two people making it to the Finale!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Mkid wrote:Are only two people making it to the Finale!
Three.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:05 pm

I have made a small amendment to our contest.
7 – AMENDED - 6/18/2011 Videos that are openly rude or vulgar [IE: flaming] towards contestants, judges or administration is hereby a means of disqualification. Gentle poking of fun based upon prior videos [such as if you made fun of me and my BAJILLION Taylor Swift videos] is permitted. Gentle mockery based on forum jokes [such as my joining of MEPS and never finishing them] is also permitted. If you want a basis, it better not be worse than a political ad.
This amendment came as a request from several parties. I felt like it was an obvious inclusion when I stated "must meet a-m-v.org standards of upload", which I will now quote.
a-m-v.org Standards of Upload wrote:Videos that make personal attacks on other members of the site. Like the rest of the site, personal attacks on other members are forbidden.
The key word being "personal" attacks.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 am

CodeZTM wrote:I have made a small amendment to our contest.
7 – AMENDED - 6/18/2011 Videos that are openly rude or vulgar [IE: flaming] towards contestants, judges or administration is hereby a means of disqualification. Gentle poking of fun based upon prior videos [such as if you made fun of me and my BAJILLION Taylor Swift videos] is permitted. Gentle mockery based on forum jokes [such as my joining of MEPS and never finishing them] is also permitted. If you want a basis, it better not be worse than a political ad.
This amendment came as a request from several parties. I felt like it was an obvious inclusion when I stated "must meet a-m-v.org standards of upload", which I will now quote.
a-m-v.org Standards of Upload wrote:Videos that make personal attacks on other members of the site. Like the rest of the site, personal attacks on other members are forbidden.
The key word being "personal" attacks.
I hope also, that should this kind of thing happen again; whether in PoE or another contest; the coordinator will consult the attackee. I realize it's the Internet and you can't always tell what's a joke and what's in good fun, but I would expect a bit more discretion.

I don't want to go into the semantics of the vid in question too far, but given it's basically "whoo, let's violate the person in #1 and let's call her out by name and have all her friends call her a tramp and a skank, lolz" that probably should have sent up some kind of red flag.

Frankly, I was surprised that the video was available right away for EVERYONE to watch. Often on the .org moderation is reactionary, someone acts poorly and they get modded. But with this, it was possible for the judges and the coordinator to screen it. As you pointed it out it violates an org rule, somebody should probably have given the attackee the courtesy of asking whether or not it was alright to post.

(And I'm not trying to make the judges or Code feel bad, I'm guessing this is the first time something like this has happened.)

So I hope if this happens again, it will be taken more seriously.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote: Frankly, I was surprised that the video was available right away for EVERYONE to watch. Often on the .org moderation is reactionary, someone acts poorly and they get modded. But with this, it was possible for the judges and the coordinator to screen it. As you pointed it out it violates an org rule, somebody should probably have given the attackee the courtesy of asking whether or not it was alright to post.
In our defense though (and I'm speaking both as moderator and judge here), someone needs to quickly bring this to attention though. I realize that this kind of attack is in really, really, really poor taste, but as with many things of this nature, it's very difficult to gauge exactly how people will respond to it. It's hard NOT to be reactionary. I hate using this as a defense, but heck, godix has made numerous videos of similar nature aimed at other members but few of them were taken as anything but jokes.

I agree that for this case, courtesy is something that'd be nice to ask though. Honestly when I saw the video, my first impression was that the only way it got in is that Ileia had already seen it and didn't care. Because to be fair, I could see this video just being dismissed as satire out of hand.

I'm really sorry to Ileia that I got it wrong and didn't raise alarm, but I don't think it's possible to have a non-reactionary official response to something like that. It's hard to have a hard-and-fast set of rules for something that may or may not be hurtful, and I don't mean that as cover. I really genuinely did not see the video as a direct personal attack, but rather as satire gone wrong - and I don't suggest that this makes it less hurtful. It's just that the line between satire and offense is difficult, and I don't think it's fair to shut down what could just turn out to be a joke on sight. It's not something that should be subject to proactive censoring before someone has a chance to react to it and raise alarm. That said, the right thing to do would've been for me to ask Ileia if she was okay with it first, before letting this go public. Sorry that I didn't think of that immediately. My response was honestly to scratch my head and say how ridiculous that was and how there was no way that'd be taken seriously, but I suppose it's unfair to decide on someone else's behalf what they might or might not find hurtful.

In short, I agree that the best policy is to ask the target of the joke for approval first.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:47 pm

I'll have to echo what Otohiko said. I personally didn't know how it was going to be taken, and I've seen far worse in my time here, but I should have used a great deal more discretion with the issue. I assure everyone that it will not happen again without consulting those involved first, should another one of these arise that are on the borderline of offensive/mocking/tasteless/merefun.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”