Big Problem & I'm At A Loss. NEED HELP

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Big Problem & I'm At A Loss. NEED HELP

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Does MakeMKV work? While I know that you don't want to try other software and just what to get DVD Decrypter to work again, I think that this info would give us more ground to speculate. If it works, there's something wrong with DVD Decrypter, if it fails, I'd be more keen to say that the DVD reader in your pc has some issue of sort when ripping.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I also think it's a hardware issue. Either the reader is playing up on it or the disc itself has some hurfed sectors or something.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 am

Doubt it's the discs (for the reasons TC explained in his posts), but really have a fear something's happened to the reader even though it works just fine when playing the dvds...

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 pm

mirkosp wrote:Doubt it's the discs (for the reasons TC explained in his posts), but really have a fear something's happened to the reader even though it works just fine when playing the dvds...
MakeMKV does work. It ripped them just fine. So that means that it is somethign with the DVD Decryptor. Though, with MAKEMKV it couldnt read the first disc of Higurashi but read the rest of the discs just fine. Even did extracting, and worked fine. Except for disc 1.

But, I would like a program that would rip my DVD's straight into .vobs, and not another format in which I have to use another 3rd party program to convert to .vobs from MKV. too much of a hassle and takes up WAY too much space. Space I don't have.

That's it in a nutshell. If you know of any other programs that can rip straight from DVD to vob let me know. Ones that don't require me to pay. Super(C) is alright for conversion from alternate video files but as stated it requires a video to be input and it converts it from another video format which I don't want.

So more than likely I would like something along the lines of DVD Decryptor. As I would like to start editing again but can't because of this problem.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 pm

I would recommend DVDFab, but use the full disc option. When ripping DVDs, make sure it's set to DVD9 as well and not DVD5.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Wed May 25, 2011 1:44 am

Extra stress on full disc. The PGS splitter in DVD Fab is fabulously bad. You'll need to split your vobs later some other way.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 am

Mister Hatt wrote:Extra stress on full disc. The PGS splitter in DVD Fab is fabulously bad. You'll need to split your vobs later some other way.
Hmmm. Are there any other options that you could recommend?
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am

DVDFab9 using Full Disc + this perhaps?

Not saying I support segate in particular, just pointing out bulk storage can be had for less than five cents a GB now.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu May 26, 2011 3:21 am

I don't think external storage is needed, a DVD is only 4GB or so most of the time, and once you split it out it'll be even less.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu May 26, 2011 6:30 am

Mister Hatt wrote:I don't think external storage is needed, a DVD is only 4GB or so most of the time, and once you split it out it'll be even less.
It was a preemptive response to the only feasible complaint over why you'd not want to just rip full discs in the first place and archive them. The OP seemed unnecessarily hesitant.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AviSynth Help”