Org App

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Org App

Post by Pwolf » Tue May 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Just had another idea that might actually be useful. Forum integration. There's a system called Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/) that can facilitate that with our existing forum. If any admins wouldn't looking into it, that would be cool.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 pm

Pwolf wrote: I think it would be more beneficial if i could just stream the preview version. Which probably isn't going to happen unless someone who knows the streaming code is willing to help *cough* eric *cough* tim *cough* sorry, getting over a cold.
Tim & Eric Awesome Programming Great Job!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu May 26, 2011 2:43 am

booya!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 am

You really are the king.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri May 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:You really are the king.
I try.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:01 am

*cough*

After being an idiot for several days and spending another 5+ hours today working on it i give you...

Video Streaming

Two things to note, one, that's a debug build so the search button doesn't go to the search page it:

1) Logs me into the org
2) Loads the video preview page
3) Opens the video using Andriod's native media player.

There's a problem however. My phone can't play the video so in the preview linked above i'm using my Xoom tablet. I suspect this is a problem with the 2.x versions of android but my tablet, which is running 3.1, doesn't have any trouble at all. I am going to look into other options since I can play the video just fine using another video player on my phone (RockPlayer).

Anyway, pretty excited to get it working finally and I didn't have to do anything to the website >.>

PS: if you're going to do any kind of programming, make sure your test cases use accurate and valid data. I spent a lot of wasted time (not to mention other people who were helping) when I didn't have to, all because of a stupid little error in the URL string.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 am

I had Ehllen test it for me on different hardware and she says she got it working so i'm having her take a picture for me.

That said, I'm going to continue working on this until I find another solution so I want a larger testbase with different hardware/software versions. If you're interested, let me know and I'll contact you when I'm ready for people to test.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 am

Pwolf wrote:I had Ehllen test it for me on different hardware and she says she got it working so i'm having her take a picture for me.

That said, I'm going to continue working on this until I find another solution so I want a larger testbase with different hardware/software versions. If you're interested, let me know and I'll contact you when I'm ready for people to test.
Forgot to add, if you want to help test, please PM me with the following details:

Phone/Tablet Manufacturer and Model .
Version of Android (this can be found by going to settings and clicking on About Phone. If you are running any custom roms, let me know also.)
Best method of contact.

Example:

Motorola Droid
2.2.1 (Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1)
Org PM

Motorola Xoom
E-Mail: Pwolf@pwolfamv.com

I'm not looking for people who just want it and will never contact me with issues or respond to inquires. I'm looking for people who seriously want to see this work and are willing to help get it there.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Yush, I'm in for this. Sorry I didn't hook you up with a photo, storm killed my Internet last night :<
I'll bug you about it later.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 am

Thought i posted this earlier today... maybe i accidentally put in a different thread >.>

3rd Party Video Streaming

yeeeaaaaaa

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”