Big Problem & I'm At A Loss. NEED HELP

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Big Problem & I'm At A Loss. NEED HELP

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri May 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Well, the problem is with DVD Decryptor. I"m trying to rip some of my DVD's. Not newer ones mind you. But the same ones I've been ripping with it for ages. But for some reason, DVD Decryptor doesn't want to rip them anymroe for some reason. And I don't understand why this is the case.

DVD's that it used to rip with no problem are now giving me problems. Like, it won't be able to find the encryption key, or it can't parse, or it will find everythign fine, but then an error will happen at about the 31% mark and when trying to restart the rip aftre, DVD Decryptor refuses to work after the initial fail.

So, there it is. My problem in a nutshell.

Can someone please assist me with this problem. The completion of Heaven's Faith 2 is imperative and relies solely on fixing this problem. I want to finish...................TIRED OF LOOKING AT THIS DAMN TIMELINE!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't.....mmaa...mask anymore frames........must finish........have to.....*Spasm* *twitch* Must finish before I lose my m.....mi...mind!

Help?
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Big Problem & I'm At A Loss. NEED HELP

Post by CodeZTM » Fri May 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Have you tried DVD Fab 8? I've yet to find a DVD that it can't rip.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 21, 2011 5:51 am

Ignore the guy above and give some actual error information. DVD Fab is a terrible idea and it should only ever be used as a last resort. Nobody can help you without more information though, actual error messages plz2have.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat May 21, 2011 9:43 am

Mister Hatt wrote:Ignore the guy above and give some actual error information. DVD Fab is a terrible idea and it should only ever be used as a last resort. Nobody can help you without more information though, actual error messages plz2have.
What's wrong with DVD Fab Decrypter? As I understand and have been told in the past, it's just as applicable to rip DVDs with.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 pm

The name is just DVD Fab, and the main reason it's not so good is that it has a tendency to break internal structure when you extract by PGS. When possible, DVD Decrypter is always a better choice. Also and not so importantly, the DVD Fab interface has terrible usability, is slow, and breaks under wine.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 am

Mister Hatt wrote:Ignore the guy above and give some actual error information. DVD Fab is a terrible idea and it should only ever be used as a last resort. Nobody can help you without more information though, actual error messages plz2have.
I stated in my OP what the error messages are and what it is doing. Please read. And it actually doesn't give pop up error messages. This is just the problems I've come across everytime I use it now.

I would like some decent help instead of Bickering.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY GODIX BACK!!

Can i get some help from some actually professionals on the subject?

Phatasmagoriat, CodeZTM, Pwolf, GODIX, Hagaren Viper. SOMEONE For crying out loud.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 23, 2011 4:18 am

Mister Hatt is about as professional as it can get, actually.
Anyway, I fear the issue might be hardware side... does it have issues when you're just trying to play the DVD too or is the issue exclusive to the actual ripping?

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 am

mirkosp wrote:Mister Hatt is about as professional as it can get, actually.
Anyway, I fear the issue might be hardware side... does it have issues when you're just trying to play the DVD too or is the issue exclusive to the actual ripping?
The DVDs play just fine on my DVD player AND on my computer. I only encounter the problem while trying to rip.

And the thing is. Since I've seen these anime so many times, I really dont watch them anymore. I use them exclusively for editign and ripping from. And on inspection of the discs there were no scratches or smudges or fingerprints.

So, I honestly don't know what the problem is. It used to rip these very same DVD's just fine.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am

I forget the actual setting but there are various modes for ripping in DVD Decrypter. Try fiddling around with them and see if something works. I know on my system at least I needed to change the way it connects to the disc (atapi vs everything else.) Might not be the cause of your problem but then again, it could be. You said there was no error message but there always will be unless you have a hardware problem. It should be in the log window.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon May 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:I forget the actual setting but there are various modes for ripping in DVD Decrypter. Try fiddling around with them and see if something works. I know on my system at least I needed to change the way it connects to the disc (atapi vs everything else.) Might not be the cause of your problem but then again, it could be. You said there was no error message but there always will be unless you have a hardware problem. It should be in the log window.
The only thing is says in the log is during the rip. When something goes wrong in the rip all it says is:

Finding Decryption Key

Followed by a set of numbers. And then it just sits there and retries after retries until i eventually just close it. I sat there and let it go through 10 retries before I stopped it. And it got stuck at 31% And it gets stuck at 31% On every disc. Not just one.

So, i'm not sure what the problem is. It never used to do this, and these are the same discs I've been ripping forever, and no, there are no scratches on my discs that could be causing this.

I just really want this resolved.

Return to “AviSynth Help”