Anime Babe/Hunk Face Off

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:01 pm

Match 1

Urd - (Oh! My Goddess) - She almost looks mexican. o.o

Match 2

Utena - (Revolutionary Girl Utena) - I love those big blue eyes and Misato has Klinky's sloppy seconds all over her. =P

Match 3

Faye - (Cowboy Bebop) - Second hottest drawn chick next to Naga from Slayers.

Match 4

Sailor Venus - (Sailor Moon) - I dig blondes.

Match 5

Morrigan - (Darkstalkers) - I don't really know either but, if she's the chick from Marvel vs Capcom, she's pretty hot.

Match 6

Shampoo - (Ranma 1/2) - She's a cutie and has some nice BF's. I dig that purple hair.

Match 7

Gin Rei - (Giant Robo) - I had a hard time with this one but Gin Rei just has that simple sexiness about her. Ryoko can be a whiner sometimes also.

Match 8

Diva - (El Hazard) - I didn't know either of these but El Hazard sounds spanish, so I went with it.

I'll skip the guys. ^_^

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:55 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:I'll skip the guys. ^_^
HOMO!!! I BET YOU'RE GAY AND IN THE CLOSET!
What other reason could there be for avoiding the guys? :P

j/k by the way.. it just makes me mad that guys can't pick the guys when the girls have no problem picking the girls.

I picked guys. I know who's a bad-ass mofo and who isn't. or who's more of a bad-ass mofo. Well except for Vash and Spike.. that was evil.. I refuse to choose between them.. they both frickin' rule.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:35 pm

Vash has a cooler gun and clothing.He looks like an out and out asskicker.Spike,erm-his hair bothers me.
I'm out...

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:51 am

:D

You guys are great!

Anyway... as I said, I will be counting the votes on Sunday and then I will start a new thread for Round 2.

The Winners will face off in the "Upper Bracket" and the Losers will face off in the "Lower Bracket"

I will also post how the votes went in the original run, just to compare how things went in the original Face Off compared to what happened here.

OK...

I think I do need to explain one thing here, because I have seen the question pop up a few times. When I originally did this, it was an anime Babe Face Off... and one of the women in our group said "why just babes? I think there should be hunks as well." I replied "OK... but I don't know who should be included... everyone send me names and I will pick 16 from the list. I got a few replies, but my friend Dave included Steve Bennett on the list. Steve Bennett is NOT an anime character, but is an artist from Studio Ironcat. Most of us knew him and he is a well known convenion personality. He probably won't score as well on this face off as he did with ours because a lot of people here don't know him... but I figured I'd at least let you all know who he was.

I'm going to try to include pictures in the upcoming posts...

-Uncle Milo[/img]
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:13 am

Here are Pix for Match 1

Urd vs Minmei

I'll try to do more as soon as I can.

-Uncle Milo
and those who don't.

Princess Garnet
Org Profile

Re: Anime Babe/Hunk Face Off

Post by Princess Garnet » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:19 am

FIRST: THE LADIES

Match 1
Urd - (Oh! My Goddess)
Match 2
Utena - (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Match 3
Faye - (Cowboy Bebop)
Match 4
Sailor Venus - (Sailor Moon)
Match 5
Priss - (Bubblegum Crisis)
Match 6
Shampoo - (Ranma 1/2)
Match 7
Ryoko - (Tenchi Muyo)
Match 8
Diva - (El Hazard)
Now: THE GENTLEMEN

Match 1
Touga (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Match 2
Vash (Trigun)

Match 3
Kaworu (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Match 4
Seifer (Final Fantasy VIII)
Match 5
Ryoga (Ranma 1/2)
Match 6
Justy Tylor (Irresponsible Captain Tylor)
Match 7
Tamahome (Fushigi Yugi_
Match 8
Kaneda (Akira)
-Princess Garnet

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:49 am

Rambling tangentially:

It's a common cultural thing, I think, for women to casually note when another woman is attractive, without any kind of sexual intent. This isn't so true for men.

I think it comes from a couple of things.

First, we're often more aware of what's "supposed" to be attractive, because we're "supposed" to try to embody or copy it whenever possible, and that involves work most of the time. Guys, on the other hand, usually just go with what they've got.

Then, what makes up female attractiveness is more clear-cut than male attractiveness. For example, take the whole prettyboy vs. manly man situation: some girls go for ONE type, others go for another type, and so on and so on. There's a wide variation. On the other hand, while there are minor variations, there's pretty much one "type" for women. Skinny? Big chest? Check and check, that's it. ;) So if all else fails, you can pretty much tell what's "hotter" without even really caring one way or another. It's a simpler calculation.

So it's not about machoness or anything at all. ;P I just joke about the guys who make a REALLY huge deal of it, as some do. It's an "Okay, dude, WE GET IT" moment. ;)

Rambling over.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:51 am

Erg, excuse me, didn't mean to be so specific in that last paragraph. People who go for guys have a wider variation, etc. ;) I know 99.999% of you don't care, but I try to be pretty gender-neutral as a general practice.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:33 am

Don't apologize... I'm glad you posted that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's not that easy when we are bombarded with messages telling us everything that's wrong with us.

We're told we're ugly if we're bald, we're ugly if we're fat, we're ugly if we don't wear the right clothes, we're ugly if we don't have the right hairstyle, we're ugly if we don't eat the right food, we're ugly if we don't drink the right drink, we're ugly if we don't do what everyone else is doing...

it is an endless list... and a conflicting list, since companies want you to buy their product.

Hell - even movies make us insecure, because we see the hunk who gets the babe... and all the others are just to be laughed at.

It's very hard to get around all of it and just except yourself for who you are.

Anyway... I'm just ranting all over the place....

-Uncle Milo
and those who don't.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:09 am

Which is exactly why I can't stand MTV. Freaking stereotype people on every program.

They aren't the only ones, but they are massively guilty of perpetuating the Beauty Myth.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Return to “General Anime”