Dead Moon Masquerade

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Dead Moon Masquerade

Postby pink haze » Sat May 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Well...I don't know what to say about this...but I DID make a bunch of posters. |:> I couldn't figure out how to get the mouseover thing in the forum so...go check out my sister's deviantart. =P

Enjoy~~
pink haze

Re: Dead Moon Masquerade

Postby Kazemon15 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Great job, pink haze!

I really love this dark dance-like amv. Needless to say, I didnt like the Moulin Rouge, but you sure gave this song more justice than the actual movie did. XD

Now go send it to cons! =D
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Laerium » Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Omg, love you.
-getsthis-
Nyarr ~!
Laerium

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat May 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Gotta say, I hated your Casshern video due to the ridiculous amount of chroma keying so I wasn't super excited when I saw this.

But...

Other than the fact that I think you concentrated a bit too much on the circus aspect during the "Hindu" lyrical portion, I think it was a very solid video. Gotta say, I'm impressed. More videos like this please :up:

Also, Moulin Rouge ftw >.> I can quote that entire movie from memory and I know all the songs.
ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Milk Or Life! » Sun May 15, 2011 6:32 am

Quite decent huh :ying:

Also ...they had 3d glasses? ; O
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
Milk Or Life!
Strawberry Pie

Postby kireblue » Sun May 15, 2011 7:58 am

I don't really know what happened at the end, but this AMV was so interesting to watch. Nice work :up:
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

Postby CodeZTM » Sun May 15, 2011 10:43 am

Extremely well done!

I didn't like the ridiculous amount of flashing at the beginning. It seemed like a really basic sync mechanistic, and you could have done it lot more justice.

BUT the rest of the video was fantastic! You did a lot of great justice with the source, and had a fanstastic flow with this music and video, and your story came across quite well. ANd holy hell the masking looked like it was part of the real source. O_o Although, like kire, I didn't "get" the ending, but it's probably because I didn't see all the seasons of Sailor Moon.

A must watch for everyone. :up:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby pink haze » Sun May 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Now go send it to cons! =D

Yes ma'am!

Laerium wrote:Omg, love you.
-getsthis-

<3
Radical_Yue wrote:Gotta say, I hated your Casshern video due to the ridiculous amount of chroma keying so I wasn't super excited when I saw this.

But...

Other than the fact that I think you concentrated a bit too much on the circus aspect during the "Hindu" lyrical portion, I think it was a very solid video. Gotta say, I'm impressed. More videos like this please :up:

Also, Moulin Rouge ftw >.> I can quote that entire movie from memory and I know all the songs.

It's true, I'm a remorseless overlay enthusiast.
But I'm glad you were entertained this time. ;)

Also, Moulin Rouge is a work of art. <3

Milk Or Life! wrote:Quite decent huh :ying:

Also ...they had 3d glasses? ; O

8-) they so stylish.

kireblue wrote:I don't really know what happened at the end, but this AMV was so interesting to watch. Nice work :up:

thx~
Oh that reminds me...Seishun's deadline is tomorrow, isn't it? =O I don't know if this is Fun/Upbeat or Drama/Serious? D=

CodeZTM wrote:Extremely well done!

I didn't like the ridiculous amount of flashing at the beginning. It seemed like a really basic sync mechanistic, and you could have done it lot more justice.

BUT the rest of the video was fantastic! You did a lot of great justice with the source, and had a fanstastic flow with this music and video, and your story came across quite well. ANd holy hell the masking looked like it was part of the real source. O_o Although, like kire, I didn't "get" the ending, but it's probably because I didn't see all the seasons of Sailor Moon.

A must watch for everyone. :up:

Code always gives nice feedback <3

Hey, Sailor Moon is all about the flashing. =P But I can see how it would look unnatural when you don't know it's inherent in some of the footage.

I do worry a bit about what Sailor Moon's directing has done to my taste. I used to think speed lines and strobe-light effects were ridiculous. ...But after staring at the clips long enough they started to look kinda pretty...and I found myself editing them in on purpose. o_o

You guys who don't get the ending...good luck. I hope it dawns on you someday. ^_~
Cuz I ain't telling~
pink haze

Postby S.A. Robert » Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Awesome work :up:
S.A. Robert

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 am

That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best profile-esque Nephrenia vid I've seen EVER.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby Mamo! » Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 am

Loved it! <3
Mamo!
El Shine-o

Postby AimoAio » Thu May 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Skype convo with Kaze wrote:[16:14:53] Aimo: i like Pink haze's works, just when my head sees an old anime it's like "WAAAAAAH - switches" its not that i dont like them .__. but i unconsciously reject it because its old XD
[16:14:54] Aimo: i know
[16:14:58] Aimo: im a disgrace
[16:15:04] Aimo: A SHAME TO THE ANIME COMMUNITY

Later on...

[17:55:26] Aimo: HOLY SHIT.
[17:55:28] Aimo: THAT AMV
[17:55:29] Aimo: IS EPIC

Yep. :rofl:

Needless to say that was incredibly enjoyable to watch! :mrgreen: The masking/chroma-ing was BRILLIANT and it had excellent flow and GOSH I LOVE THE SYNC! <3 The flashes did bother me slightly but after a while I got used to it and just saw it as part of the AMV so it didn't really detract me from loving the video. Oh and I also LOVEE the mouseover poster! :up:

PLEASE KEEP MAKING MORE AWESOME VIDEOS! I'M A FAN OF YOUR EDITING! *still remembers Trial By Drowning* :up: :awesome:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby pink haze » Fri May 20, 2011 12:08 pm

S.A. Robert wrote:Awesome work :up:

Thanks! =D
Moonlight Soldier wrote:That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best profile-esque Nephrenia vid I've seen EVER.

There are others?! /runs off the scour youtube~

:awesome: I'm glad you like it!
Mamo! wrote:Loved it! <3

thank you :mrgreen:

AimoAio wrote:
Skype convo with Kaze wrote:[16:14:53] Aimo: i like Pink haze's works, just when my head sees an old anime it's like "WAAAAAAH - switches" its not that i dont like them .__. but i unconsciously reject it because its old XD
[16:14:54] Aimo: i know
[16:14:58] Aimo: im a disgrace
[16:15:04] Aimo: A SHAME TO THE ANIME COMMUNITY

Later on...

[17:55:26] Aimo: HOLY SHIT.
[17:55:28] Aimo: THAT AMV
[17:55:29] Aimo: IS EPIC

Yep. :rofl:

Needless to say that was incredibly enjoyable to watch! :mrgreen: The masking/chroma-ing was BRILLIANT and it had excellent flow and GOSH I LOVE THE SYNC! <3 The flashes did bother me slightly but after a while I got used to it and just saw it as part of the AMV so it didn't really detract me from loving the video. Oh and I also LOVEE the mouseover poster! :up:

PLEASE KEEP MAKING MORE AWESOME VIDEOS! I'M A FAN OF YOUR EDITING! *still remembers Trial By Drowning* :up: :awesome:

Skype convo ROFL XD

Omigosh I've been your fan since, like, When it Rains came out. KAZE how do you know all my favorite editors?!
Thanks Aimo <3

And yay someone liked the poster! =D
pink haze

Postby kyle_m » Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 am

masterpiece for mine. never learned sailor moon from this point. keep making things please
kyle_m

Postby Inan » Sat May 21, 2011 12:59 pm

oh god i love this
Inan

Next

Return to AMV Announcements