Dead Moon Masquerade

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
pink haze
Org Profile

Dead Moon Masquerade

Post by pink haze » Sat May 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Well...I don't know what to say about this...but I DID make a bunch of posters. |:> I couldn't figure out how to get the mouseover thing in the forum so...go check out my sister's deviantart. =P

Enjoy~~

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: Dead Moon Masquerade

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Great job, pink haze!

I really love this dark dance-like amv. Needless to say, I didnt like the Moulin Rouge, but you sure gave this song more justice than the actual movie did. XD

Now go send it to cons! =D

Laerium
Org Profile

Post by Laerium » Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Omg, love you.
-getsthis-
Nyarr ~!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat May 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Gotta say, I hated your Casshern video due to the ridiculous amount of chroma keying so I wasn't super excited when I saw this.

But...

Other than the fact that I think you concentrated a bit too much on the circus aspect during the "Hindu" lyrical portion, I think it was a very solid video. Gotta say, I'm impressed. More videos like this please :up:

Also, Moulin Rouge ftw >.> I can quote that entire movie from memory and I know all the songs.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun May 15, 2011 6:32 am

Quite decent huh :ying:

Also ...they had 3d glasses? ; O
Still better than that MMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun May 15, 2011 7:58 am

I don't really know what happened at the end, but this AMV was so interesting to watch. Nice work :up:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun May 15, 2011 10:43 am

Extremely well done!

I didn't like the ridiculous amount of flashing at the beginning. It seemed like a really basic sync mechanistic, and you could have done it lot more justice.

BUT the rest of the video was fantastic! You did a lot of great justice with the source, and had a fanstastic flow with this music and video, and your story came across quite well. ANd holy hell the masking looked like it was part of the real source. O_o Although, like kire, I didn't "get" the ending, but it's probably because I didn't see all the seasons of Sailor Moon.

A must watch for everyone. :up:

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Sun May 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Now go send it to cons! =D
Yes ma'am!
Laerium wrote:Omg, love you.
-getsthis-
<3
Radical_Yue wrote:Gotta say, I hated your Casshern video due to the ridiculous amount of chroma keying so I wasn't super excited when I saw this.

But...

Other than the fact that I think you concentrated a bit too much on the circus aspect during the "Hindu" lyrical portion, I think it was a very solid video. Gotta say, I'm impressed. More videos like this please :up:

Also, Moulin Rouge ftw >.> I can quote that entire movie from memory and I know all the songs.
It's true, I'm a remorseless overlay enthusiast.
But I'm glad you were entertained this time. ;)

Also, Moulin Rouge is a work of art. <3
Milk Or Life! wrote:Quite decent huh :ying:

Also ...they had 3d glasses? ; O
8-) they so stylish.
kireblue wrote:I don't really know what happened at the end, but this AMV was so interesting to watch. Nice work :up:
thx~
Oh that reminds me...Seishun's deadline is tomorrow, isn't it? =O I don't know if this is Fun/Upbeat or Drama/Serious? D=
CodeZTM wrote:Extremely well done!

I didn't like the ridiculous amount of flashing at the beginning. It seemed like a really basic sync mechanistic, and you could have done it lot more justice.

BUT the rest of the video was fantastic! You did a lot of great justice with the source, and had a fanstastic flow with this music and video, and your story came across quite well. ANd holy hell the masking looked like it was part of the real source. O_o Although, like kire, I didn't "get" the ending, but it's probably because I didn't see all the seasons of Sailor Moon.

A must watch for everyone. :up:
Code always gives nice feedback <3

Hey, Sailor Moon is all about the flashing. =P But I can see how it would look unnatural when you don't know it's inherent in some of the footage.

I do worry a bit about what Sailor Moon's directing has done to my taste. I used to think speed lines and strobe-light effects were ridiculous. ...But after staring at the clips long enough they started to look kinda pretty...and I found myself editing them in on purpose. o_o

You guys who don't get the ending...good luck. I hope it dawns on you someday. ^_~
Cuz I ain't telling~

S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Post by S.A. Robert » Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Awesome work :up:

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 am

That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best profile-esque Nephrenia vid I've seen EVER.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”