Slighty Larger Avatar Res

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Slighty Larger Avatar Res

Post by dreamawake » Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 am

Could we maybe upload the avatar res limit to 200x200? 100x100 just seems to drain the detail and ruin most avatars, and 200x200 is still reasonably small.

Y/N?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Slighty Larger Avatar Res

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 am

First I'd like to know what is "to drain the detail" ^^;;

But most probably no - because we'd have to re-hash the signature limits to be less wide and stuff like that.

Btw, your signature is too tall, do you know that?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 am

I'm inclined to say no.
200x200 would break the forum layout...even 150x150 breaks the layout in my con's forums (RedCoatGunman and Killgor's avatars are 150x150, izzime1980 is 100x100). The style (AeroRed) is based on subsilver.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, changing the avatar size limit in the ACP doesn't affect the minimum length of the user info area (my con's forums are set to 150x150 max)

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri May 06, 2011 12:50 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:First I'd like to know what is "to drain the detail" ^^;;

But most probably no - because we'd have to re-hash the signature limits to be less wide and stuff like that.

Btw, your signature is too tall, do you know that?
My sig is split in 2 and pwolf made the sigs so I don't think the sizes are against the rules.

and going from 100x100 to 200x200 doesn't have anything to do with sigs, they're small as fuck too as it is.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri May 06, 2011 12:51 am

(Even 150x150 would be nice btw)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat May 07, 2011 1:14 pm

tbh I'd be fine with 150 as a size. It's the most common I see used around where I've been. Most of my avatars are set for that size anyway and are just dynamically re-sized to fit the limits given on the specific forum I'm on. I don't think 150 will break the forum layout currently, but I use prosilver, not sure how pinkiepie and subsilver2 would respond.
ImageImageImageImage

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat May 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Arashinome wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Btw, your signature is too tall, do you know that?
My sig is split in 2 and pwolf made the sigs so I don't think the sizes are against the rules.

and going from 100x100 to 200x200 doesn't have anything to do with sigs, they're small as fuck too as it is.
org <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=289">Forum Rules</a> wrote:Forum signatures shall have no greater total dimensions than 600 pixels wide and 80 pixels high or four lines of normal-sized text. You may have multiple images and/or lines of text in your signature, but any signature that goes beyond the aforementioned limits may be removed or altered without warning.
Both images are 400x40 with two lines of text below them... which makes it about 120px high. Moderators would typically edit a sig that didn't fit the rules and send a warning or pm to the user. (though I lurk more than not these days so this may have changed...)

This thread reminds me...
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 16&t=73185

Yep, 80...

I personally come here to read and participate in discussion, not look at repetitive, hi-res images. If avatars and signatures distract from the content of a thread then I think it becomes a problem. (Note that I am not saying any size increase is a bad thing, just that it ought to be a balanced decision.)

Additionally, even though it is now 2011, there are still people on slow internet connections. People are also now browsing the forums on smartphones and other small screen devices.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 pm

I think Arashinome wants our forums overally to become PRETTY.

Like... say... like this |:>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun May 08, 2011 1:39 pm

We're currently just below the cusp for people to not need to run ABP for images as it is. No need to push it over the edge.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”