Take a look here

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DDGorgeouz
Org Profile

Take a look here

Post by DDGorgeouz » Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Firstly i'm so glad to have become a member of these awesome forums comunity i know i'll have 2much to learn and practice in order to improve my editting skills however here i leave a small AMV that i made a few hours ago so guys i wanna heard/read ur opinions about it .

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kQs6MtcmU

PS: forgot to mention this was my first time making an amv and second time editing a video for youtube so don't be rude with the newbie T_T

[Kariudo: added vidid tags]

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Take a look here

Post by Kariudo » Tue May 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Looks like a pretty typical first AMV to me. I'm not real crazy about using the OPs/EDs...but that's just me. Now that I think about it...it might be a good way to learn.

I won't go on and on, but there's a few points I'll mention.

Sync:
There was some sync, but most of the action and transitions weren't synced to anything. There's more than one way to sync, but for your next amv I'd recommend getting familiar with beat sync.
Try to make your cuts/fades/other transitions happen on the beat of the music. It doesn't have to be the beat, but the beat is usually the easiest to find. From there, you can start syncing the action in your clips to the beat (or some other element in the music, like guitar or synth)

Pacing:
Try to match the motion in your clips to the pace of the song. Slow phrases in the music tend to work better with clips that have slower motion. Likewise, faster phrases in the music tend to work with clips with more/faster motion.

DDGorgeouz
Org Profile

Re: Take a look here

Post by DDGorgeouz » Tue May 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks for the advice gonna try to do my best the next time.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”