Magix Movie Edit Pro

Fimbulveter
Org Profile

Magix Movie Edit Pro

Post by Fimbulveter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

Does anyone use this program to edit their videos?
The only other person I know that uses it is koopiskeva.

post-it
Org Profile

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro

Post by post-it » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:03 pm

.. after a few problems with MEP 12 thru 17 .. most of us refrain from using it anymore.

this is pretty-much the same problem which killed-off AiST a few years back; now THAT
was a truely useful piece of software. Way ahead of its time, make your own filters & effects,
"you want the transition to do what???" fine-tunes (( my Stellvia AMV still has the Modified
transition "curling hair" to affirm the girl with her curled pig-tails within the series ^__^ ))

. Magix lost favor when the simplest of things started to "fail" when being used. When Magix
gets it right, or if AiST releases "Extreme 2011" soon; Then, and only then, will anyone be backing
the German Made Software Lines once again. - jw

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Fimbulveter wrote:Does anyone use this program to edit their videos?
*raises hand*
...and I use v10 to boot
I couldn't care less what program I'm using as long as it's frame-accurate :roll:

/late response
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 pm

.. hey, I have nothing against AiST nor Magix MEP's -- don't get me wrong!

Magix, Vegas, Asymetrix, CyberLinks .. these are all Frame Accurate! .. Avid, AVC, ArcSoft, AiST, Adobe :twisted: .. ... ....
. .. ... actually, its the Frame Accuracy part that's doing the damage here!
( example: [ i.e. ]) A question was raised in our Specail Effect's Section not to long ago.
It was BASED on a little slight-of-hand home-made-transition. This, in itself, is part of the problem!
The Effect's are FRAME RELATED SEQUENCES and THAT'S what's killing Magix: Time Constraint Technologies!!!
( specifying the problem: )
AiST has many-many affects & effects which are internally timed for "best effect presentation."
Avid and ArcSoft also use these guidelines. AVC is still too new a company to second-guess their errors.
.. did you know that AiST & Avid products allow you to make your own transitions and effects? Nice!!! ^_________^
Adobe allows you the OPTION of mixing and matching things like After-Effects, Photo Shop and others Adobe's. T_T
Vegas has broken-away from many of their old-ways and also allow for other programs, Corel, to mix & match things. ^_^
Magix allows you to "correct things" with products made by Magix. [ sounds like Adobe so far in their logic here. ]
Magix FX ( built-in ) .. Magix Audio FX ( built-in ) .. Markers, Grouping, Transparencies and
using Corel Plug-ins .. these are all available with almost any MEP from 12 thru 17. There are
a few things that are note worthy and missing thought;
Roto-Scoping,
Auto Transparent Updating to the next frame with any kind of accuracy,
and having the option for SWITCH from HD to SD and still access the entire HD section your working with.
( conclusion: )
.. Magix "IS" the easiest Video Editing System available today.
( it even puts CyberLinks Directors & Producers to shame. )
.. What it doesn't have are the Basic's needed to stay competitive in todays market. And THAT's why we avoid it; its out-dated!

GorDon
Org Profile

Post by GorDon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:01 pm

post-it wrote:a few things that are note worthy and missing thought;
Roto-Scoping, ...
And RAM preview, don't forget that. I would kill for RAM preview in M.E.P. :asd:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 pm

GorDon wrote:
post-it wrote:a few things that are note worthy and missing thought;
Roto-Scoping, ...
And RAM preview, don't forget that. I would kill for RAM preview in M.E.P. :asd:
X2

the biggest error Magix has are so easy to fix that we often wonder "what there thinking"!
1) right from the box; its confused on which operating system were using!!??? wtf!
2) o.k. so it loads things in Graphic Pictures instead of Built-in Icons. ( this is not rocket science people! )
3) the first time you start it up; it crashes -- This Is Not Normal!!!!!!!
the last software to do this was MGI/Roxie Video 5 -- MGI went belly-up one year after XP was released.
Asyemetric's Video Producer 5.1 fell to the waist-side about the same time -- same problem; and IT
was a division from MicroSoft employees ( for crying out-loud! )
AiST merged into Magix and kept what it had learned from ABC-Video-Editor -- which became AVS Video Edit.
4) The Preview Area in MEP-12 was no longer GL which meant that DirectX needed to be used.
-- -- bad choice -- --
5) by MEP-15 a new CLONE was added without correcting the DirectX connection.

Best Buy in M.O.A. has MEP-17 for $29.95 just to get it off the shelves!
its closest competition is Sony's Platinum w/ Screen Jitter Correction ^__^ nice feature!!!

Magix needs to re-think their software all the way to its beginnings before
they end-up becoming completely useless. Even the VLC Editor is looking good these days;
and IT's still non-functional!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Fimbulveter wrote:Does anyone use this program to edit their videos?
The only other person I know that uses it is koopiskeva.
yes, many people do -- actually ^__^
but not the M.E.P stuff!

Magix finally got the message! two updated releases are now being offered
and YES, we are testing them as this is written.

1) Magix Easy Video $39.95 ( available only at Cnet & Magix Web Sites. )
it makes editing a brain-dead science. almost too simple!! ♥_♥

2) Magix Video Pro X $399.95 $199.95
This is the software I use and others have called an M.E.P. -- which, it is not!!!
.. Here is AiST and Magix rolled into one; the best of all worlds: the Editor Of Editors!
5/5 .. it doesn't look like anyone else because it was done Right The First Time! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: ♥♥♥♥♥

3) magix movie edit pro 17 .. a fine example of making money for the geek in everybody. :down:
currently on sale at best buy for $29.95 .. .. help best buy today by getting this off of their shelves.

YiuKorochko
Org Profile

Post by YiuKorochko » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 am

I've used MEP for quite a few years now. I've always got the latest version. I've never used it for editing online sourced content though, such as anime. I've got both MEP17 and VPX but I can't find a reason to use VPX over MEP17. I only use MEP for basic edits anyway. Everything else I switch to the AFX+PP combo.

Return to “Video Editing Software”