trouble with local downloads

reaper527
Org Profile

trouble with local downloads

Post by reaper527 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:18 pm

for some reason, i am not able to download any videos using the local download option.

normally, i use firefox 4, however when logged in with my account on firefox and attempting to download a local video, the download page loads, it sits for the 10 seconds, and then i get a message at the bottom saying "your download should have started automatically by now. if it hasn't, click here", and then when clicking there, the page reloads (and does the same thing every time i wait for the link to show up and click it).

since i figured perhaps it was a random extension that was causing the issue (i use noscript and a few various things, although all have a-m-v.org explicitly allowed), i tried to download videos using internet explorer. this had a similar issue, except instead of having the click here link pointing to the page it was on essentially forcing a refresh, it instead went to the members home page.

i have tried logging out/clearing my cookies/lowering security settings, but none of that has helped. my os is windows 7. i read through the faqs and saw that new accounts have a 2 week delay before they can download, but since i have had my account since 2010, and have downloaded videos before, i don't think that is related to my problem (unless inactivity can put it in a disabled state)

any ideas on what might be causing my problem?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: trouble with local downloads

Post by Kariudo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 am

We really need to change the FAQ...
The 2 week thing hasn't been in effect since before I started coming here

It does sound like an issue with cookies, but clearing the cookies and logging in again should've taken care of that.

Only other thing I can think of is to deal with all of your pending star ratings (it looks to me like you have 3 pending), clear your cookies and try again.

reaper527
Org Profile

Re: trouble with local downloads

Post by reaper527 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 am

problem resolved. the issue was that i am apparently completely blind, and missed the fact that where the pledge buttons are, 2 say pledge and one says proceed. i got thrown off because i didn't expect a message to show up saying your download should start automatically on a page where it doesn't, so i didn't end up looking closer at what the buttons said.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”