The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

This is the official forum for The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0, hosted by Brad.
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Actually, the real trick to seeing where you stand is keeping track not only of wins and losses, but automatic future losses. Some bad picks mean a single loss, while others can mean up to 6. For instance, of my 24 round 2 picks, I've already lost 10 before the round even started.

It costs even more points if the person you predicted to win the bracket loses already. I lost 8 potential points when Ricardo Montalbahn beat me.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
Brad
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 9:32 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Brad » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Image
Image
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 am

OK, I think it's time to go all out, since the r1 approaches its end...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKj3xYYI

Round 1 results, predictions standings, possible round 2 points, etc, etc. Enjoy. Updated as soon as I get to the results, usually :>
Image

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:OK, I think it's time to go all out, since the r1 approaches its end...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKj3xYYI

Round 1 results, predictions standings, possible round 2 points, etc, etc. Enjoy. Updated as soon as I get to the results, usually :>

:shock: |:>

EDIT - I don't get what all the extra lines on the rd 2 page mean. care to explain?

User avatar
guy07
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:28 pm
Status: Back in beard.
Location: T.O.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby guy07 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 am

My prediction for tonight's match: Infinity wins. :sweat:

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:OK, I think it's time to go all out, since the r1 approaches its end...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKj3xYYI

Round 1 results, predictions standings, possible round 2 points, etc, etc. Enjoy. Updated as soon as I get to the results, usually :>

:shock: |:>

EDIT - I don't get what all the extra lines on the rd 2 page mean. care to explain?

GDocs creates new sheets with 100 lines deafult, if that's what you mean.

If you mean the "Possible", "Total" and "alt" parts...

Possible = Possible points person can get in r2. Once started, it will be switched with r2 Totals.

r1 = round 1 results, simple.

Totals = Possible (or r2 Totals) + r1, thus complete totals. Currently showing possible maximum totals from r1 + r2, if you guess everything right in r2 ;x

alt = alternative counting. In default counting you get (round number) points per right guess, 1 in r1, 2 in r2, 3 in r3, etc. Plus bonus points for getting semifinalists/finalist right. Alternative counting = 1 point per right guess, the whole tournament.
This is mainly for my analytic self, so I am able to compare the two types of rating ;>
Image

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Ye, I was asking about the 2 totals and what alt meant. I thought scoring was all defined flatly in the first post in the thread (i.e. 1 pt for everything and 3 for bracket winners).

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Ye, I was asking about the 2 totals and what alt meant. I thought scoring was all defined flatly in the first post in the thread (i.e. 1 pt for everything and 3 for bracket winners).

Nya-chan Production wrote:Btw, if I find time (and I probably will), I will collect the predictions and rate them for accuracy :>

1 point for guessed winner of round one and 1+(round) points for every next round.

Bonus 10 points for getting the winner right, 5 bonus points for 2-3rd place each.

|:>
Image

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:(...)1+(round) points for every next round.(...)

This should be 0+(round) points, ofc, my mistake :<
Image

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Well then, I totally read something different that stuck in my head for some reason. That is really bizarre. :oops:

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:33 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Well then, I totally read something different that stuck in my head for some reason. That is really bizarre. :oops:

Haven't you mistaken it for Nessie's flat scoring? :>
Image

User avatar
8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Alaska
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby 8bit_samurai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Hmm... Perhaps if my filesize were bigger, I would've had more predictions correct...
Under Construction

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Well then, I totally read something different that stuck in my head for some reason. That is really bizarre. :oops:

Haven't you mistaken it for Nessie's flat scoring? :>

Ok - I need to read shit before I post... I was right all along. I was talking about the only scoring that actually mattered - Nessephanie's - the stuff by the person co-organizing this event. :sweat:

User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am
Status: White bracelet
Location: Ward 7F
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Well then, I totally read something different that stuck in my head for some reason. That is really bizarre. :oops:

Haven't you mistaken it for Nessie's flat scoring? :>

Ok - I need to read shit before I post... I was right all along. I was talking about the only scoring that actually mattered - Nessephanie's - the stuff by the person co-organizing this event. :sweat:

That's why I'm keeping track of that as well, ofc XD
Image

User avatar
Chained(E)Studio
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - PREDICTIONS

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 am

I'm not doing so good TT_TT
Thats what happens when you get someone to help you pick :/ always pick wrong x-x
Image


Return to “The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests