New fan-made trend? Mixed anime openings

ultimateX021
Org Profile

New fan-made trend? Mixed anime openings

Post by ultimateX021 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi.

So I was going on youtube earlier today surfing for funny stuff. I found a video called South Eater. It had South park characters replacing all characters from Soul Eater in the first opening. Not only I found it quite humorous, I thought I share this interesting discovery. Though I'm sure many of you have already seen some; otherwise, you might want to check them out.

I think there are many of them, so look up something like MAD anime openings or enter South Eater for starters. I am also curious about one thing: How the heck can they make stuff like that cause it's freakin amazing! :awesome:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Re: New fan-made trend? Mixed anime openings

Post by ultimateX021 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:10 pm

One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Scintilla did this years before it was cool.

I've seen a few of these around, but most times it seems like it comes down to the creator doing some animation themselves...which means the result is usually a bit choppy. If I were ever to try making an alternate op, I'd probably do it like Scintilla did.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm

One of the first videos I ever saw was a Nadesico video remaking the Eva opening back in 2000 or so; it's what inspired my first vid in 2001. It's far from a new trend. Heck, Acen's theme contest four years ago was these.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Ah. Yeah I forgot about Scintilla's Cowboy Bebop opening. Well done and full of effort to deserve a thousand rewards. Of course, I did find these ones as fascinating because how the characters are mixed in.

I assumed they were a new trend since it was my first time seeing anime openings well-edited and animated. I still think they are like new ya know, but many have been made similar. Still, I love it!! I'll even show these vids as well as Scintilla's Cowboy Bebop opening at the anime club today.

qyll
Org Profile

Post by qyll » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:39 pm

There are tons of these out there, most of them by Japanese editors.

Example:
zzz

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 pm

I've seen openings and endings, many MAD versions, with other characters too. These one seemed well animated like the characters in the original opening.

Examples are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnbWalSF ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apk3-pUL ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uymRLZH ... re=related

Anybody have any idea what programs were used to do this? Cause I'm thinking it's rotoscoping yet the characters looked like they were drawn or painted over somehow to look like other characters and probably animated with lots of time and effort.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 pm

The first one is most likely all hand-drawn/animated
The second one looks like a combination of roto and hand-drawn
The third one looks like hand-drawn again

roto is most often done in a program like AE, and I have no clue what program you'd use to do the animation stuff (yeah, if you have all your frames drawn you can just stitch them together in any editing program...but I'm talking more about the program(s) used to draw the frames.)

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Kariudo wrote:The first one is most likely all hand-drawn/animated
The second one looks like a combination of roto and hand-drawn
The third one looks like hand-drawn again

roto is most often done in a program like AE, and I have no clue what program you'd use to do the animation stuff (yeah, if you have all your frames drawn you can just stitch them together in any editing program...but I'm talking more about the program(s) used to draw the frames.)
I see what you mean. In fact, half of these vids had to have been done on a frame by frame sequence. I'm amazed by the amount of effort put into these.

As far as the programs go, google searching brings me several different programs out there for 2D animation. I have yet to find a program that could achieve something similar as what I saw. I may not find one now, but at this point, I found many with at least a few that could pull this off. Just need to look further. I wouldn't mind trying this at a later time. 8-)

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:28 pm

There is this one if you haven't seen? Really good, uses Clannad into the EF-Tale of Memories Opening :3
Its more of some sort of ALT OP M@D but its definitely really good..

CLANNAD After Story ebullient future

Return to “General Anime”