Which Video Editor is the easiest to learn - open to debate

post-it
Org Profile

Re: Which Video Editor is the easiest to learn - open to deb

Post by post-it » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:55 pm

I wouldn't even attempt to let people know that WMM "is a Video Editor/Sequencer" but;
I'd like to find something else, something with only two video lines and two audio lines.

Asymetrics used to have a two line editor but I can't find anyone other than them with only two lines.
( correction .. Avid 3.0 also had just two lines of video. ) just a simple Line1 video fade to Line2 transistion.
[[ the sound would remain the same unless you selected it fade with the video ]] and stretch-to-fit
the video's length ( auto-frame-rate switch )

As silly as it may sound, this is all I'm looking for and "Ta-Da!" .. .. .. its nowhere to be found! x_x
Why should anyone be forced to revert back to 1993 operating systems to make simple edits for videos?

-fin-

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:19 pm

why limit yourself to only two tracks for audio and video? that doesn't make a program easier or more difficult.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Pwolf wrote:why limit yourself to only two tracks for audio and video?
that doesn't make a program easier or more difficult.
. for those just starting-out, two tracks is really all they need;
for those who have been at this a while, 32 tracks are sometimes 'not enough!

I'm basing the two line editor on a simple cut/join and/or blend/merge type of editing system.
.. ? why ? that's what this board started-out-with; Adobe Primiere 4.0, 5.0, 5.1 & 5.2 and no layers.
.. if they can see "what is taking place on one of those types of editors" then the newer editing
systems won't be so difficult to grasp/understand!
.. Too many questions are being asked about "how to edit" and "tutorials" while everyone on this
board are skilled at Special Effects and Layering Technic's. There is a flaw in the system and its
name is "what's the best way to learn to edit?" .. the answer; with the same editors we started-out-with!

umm .. no; its not practical to advise people on "how-to-use" something without "them having
at least an idea of how we did it!" Copy & Pasting area's that were covered-up with sub-titles
is not something the Video Editor was designed to do; regardless if V.D. has a Logo-Away filter
or not!!! If we wanted a clean opening/closing to a series, we went frame-by-frame to do it!
"THAT is what people are ASKING ABOUT" and there is no tutorial nor transition on earth which
can illustrate THAT kind of technic!! unless, we bring them "back" to where "we started"!

yes, there is a logic to my madness .. no; it doesn't come with a Manual nor an Index!!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:33 pm

That doesn't make any sense when Premiere 4.0 was the first version of premiere to add multiple video and audio layers.

It's not a matter of what they need or don't need. I may have not needed more then 2 layers when i started but having the option to add more layers didn't make it any more difficult for me to learn the software. I just used the software I had and learned how to use it. New people want to know everything as soon as they open the program. That's the real problem. It's not the software, it's the user. People need to pick a software and learn it. It's that simple. There isn't going to be any piece of software that will be so straight forward an monkey can use it. It doesn't matter what the software is, the concepts are all the same. People need to stop being lazy and learn their software and learn their editing basics. After that, it doesn't matter what software you use.

Learning Premiere 5.0 took me a weekend to figure out the basics without any help. After Effects took me a day or two as well, without any help. These aren't difficult program if you take the time to figure out how they work instead of trying to jump right into advanced techniques.

If you really think that teaching someone properly is to give them the software you started on, i'll go find the 1 video (no audio) layer mpeg cutter/joiner I started on and we'll see how they like that. Scrap that, give them 2 VCRs and see if that makes it easier, thats what a lot of original org members started on.

Your logic is ass backwards and doesn't make any sense at all.

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Dudes.
Sony Vegas.
End.
Image Image

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm

ok .. two vcr's and a controller board T_T .. I guess that's as basic as you get!

U-matic to Beta 1" training.

Magix 12 Pro wins ^__^

-- I was just currious

post-it
Org Profile

debate closed!

Post by post-it » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Question:
I've tryed to find anything unique and simple for
people who like to edit video's and don't like to
learn the long lectures on how-to-use-the-dam-thing!

Conclusion: Any Editor will do. Theirs nothing simple
any more. ( this can be good & bad at the same time. )

Read the FAQ's at this org's boards and you will be
successful.

~fin~

PS .. at least this question has finally been put to the test!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 pm

I don't think any of the mainstream editing applications are so complex that someone couldn't be taught the basics in 15 minutes.

MetamorphosisStudios
Org Profile

Post by MetamorphosisStudios » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Windows movie maker

steelbaz
Org Profile

Post by steelbaz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Sony Vegas isn't very difficult, once you watch some tutorial, and play around with some of the FX.. Vegas likes a Quad Core Processor (or Hexa-Core), and some modest RAM.

Premiere has higher system requirements than Vegas, and a supposedly steeper learning curve. It can do somethings Vegas can't though ( so i've been told). If you have all the plugins it wont matter a great deal imo...

Return to “Video Editing Software”