Pro 9 Platinum

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
kirara2516
Org Profile

Pro 9 Platinum

Post by kirara2516 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 am

What's the difference between the Platinum version and the professional version other then the cost? The one I got was $95

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Pro 9 Platinum

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:20 pm

kirara2516 wrote:What's the difference between the Platinum version and the professional version other then the cost? The one I got was $95
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/compare

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm

.. may I ??
kirara2516 wrote:What's the difference between the Platinum version and the professional version ???
the Professional version
GPU-accelerated AVC/H.264 encoding. [[ this is something which a-m-v.org totally endorses. ]] <3 <3 <3
the Number of video tracks to work with. :|
4k project support (up to 4096x4096) [ glorified SD ] :up:
16-bit/48kHz Audio = a 1990's standard -vs- 24-bit/192kHz a Y2K standard. :?: [[ both are out of date! ]]
the Pro has no Wizard to mess with! :twisted:
.. PLUS .. the Pro version can let you compare the Before's and After Effects of transitions. :up:
what they failed to mention is a very easy to use Editing & Masking system that's built-in to the Pro. 8-)

Basically, would you like an Orange with your Ice Cream -or- the choice of Sherbert and/or Dream Cream?
.. with a Canvas Size of 4096 x 4096 to play with; there are no current limitations as to what you can create.
:shark:

the Platinum version
you get the same things offered by Magix, Adobe & Video AVS systems .. = nothing specail or unique.
:nono:

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:44 am

PLatinum is what I use because I can afford it, and I like it better than other NLEs I've tried (though I haven't had a chance to try Premiere yet). The main limitations I have run into are the lack of decent masking (you only get basic cookie cutter) and the lack of nesting (or whatever it's called; grouping sets of frames/clips and manipulating them as a whole). The nesting thing can be fixed by just rendering the section as a new clip, although that's pretty annoying. The masking I'm not so sure about though.

As far as audio goes, It's easy enough to convert all audio to 48khz or 44.1khz while editing use the original higher-quality audio when you mux. In fact, that's what I generally recommend anyway. Kinda like how you should never edit with mp3 - you should convert to wav for your NLE then use the original lossy file when you mux if you don't have anything better.

Platinum gives you the most important fundamentals for sure. You still get a good, easy-to-use timeline which allows editing in time format or absolute frames and you still have complete control of resolution, PAR, crop/zoom, and encoding to whatever format you want. Unless masking is a huge deal, platinum should work well on a budget.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”