1st, 2nd, 3rd amv 1:1

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

mxchibandit
Org Profile

Re: 1st, 2nd, 3rd amv 1:1

Post by mxchibandit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:47 pm

1st: Blocked by Viacom

2nd: I like how you synced the footage with the guitar rifts, especially at around 0:45 when spiral energy's just overflowing even out of the mecha's mouth. It really gets you pumped up for the video. Before and after though, there seems to be a lack of syncing, not with the beats or the lyrics. Also, at times I think you sped up the footage way too much. Try trimming the clips more, leaving enough in to still tell the story. It's also a pet peeve of mine to include clips of a character speaking set to vocals, with the exception of lyp syncing. The inclusion of subs in some clips is unfortunate as well.

3rd: Alternatively, here I think the footage was slowed down too much in the beginning. I'm not sure if it was like that in the original, but it was kind of distracting to have the footage slowed down to the point of stuttering in some instances. The use of so much black and white is a little overdramatic as well. Maybe if you had only used it in an instance or two, for example at 2:15. Also, leaving stuff in like Sasuke's derp face at 4:37 and again at 4:57 might make people unintentionally laugh when you're as far as I can tell trying to present a serious video. There also seems to be little-to-no syncing involved. It feels more like watching a clip show set to music than a music video, y'know?

Also available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8ein-uXlo

OMGapotato
Org Profile

Post by OMGapotato » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:58 pm

agreed. 2nd video i didn't know what the hell i was doing. i just tried to sync the footage to the music. i didn't know how to encode and never even heard of avisynth. for the 3rd video, i literally JUST found out about avisynth so that explains the vast difference in quality between the 2nd and 3rd video. the 2nd video pissed me off so much because of technical issues that i kind of stopped caring midway. for the 3rd, i did feel a sense of there being too much black and whiteness. i tried to make the experiences sasuke and naruto went through a memory. if you notice, before it goes black and white, i zoom into naruto's eye then i zoom back out to highlight naruto's resolve. maybe that was a bit too vague. i tried to have a general trend of speed from slow to fast to follow the pace of the song. as for sasuke's retarded face, i don't know if you remember but it was right after he got hit with tsukuyomi. anyway i'll keep that in mind when i put in clips like that. as for the sync goes, i chose the song on a whim. i liked how it had a very slow beginning then very powerful ending. i wanted my amv to follow that suit. i had no intention of syncing lyrics to the song if that's what you mean. i tried syncing the music to the video as much as i could instead.

were there specific videos you would like me to comment on?

OMGapotato
Org Profile

Post by OMGapotato » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 pm

btw it's unfortunate you couldn't watch my 1st amv. ironically, i think it's my best one.

OMGapotato
Org Profile

Post by OMGapotato » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:03 am

also thanks for your criticism. i really appreciate it.

OMGapotato
Org Profile

Post by OMGapotato » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:12 am

about your video Dely,

It was hard for me to be a critic because it wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the music and i haven't seen the anime to fully understand what message you're trying to send, if any. Besides that, the editing was done very well. I couldn't tell where you added your own effects but the video synced well with the music and flowed nicely enough for somebody like me to stay interested. Again, my type of amv is one that syncs with music and tells a general story with the scenes and the music so i can't really criticize your video except on the editing.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 pm

please enter your video information here if you would.

You wouldn't have to worry about getting blocked by viacom if it was uploaded here :awesome:

Return to “Works in Progress”