First AMV, feel free to tear it apart

Post by mxchibandit » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:11 am

Made while I wasted hours refreshing Madoka general threads

Also available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8ein-uXlo

WiseAnt
Org Profile

Re: First AMV, feel free to tear it apart

Post by WiseAnt » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:16 pm

I liked it. Since I don't have a recent vid to promote, feel free to check out any of my vids.

P.S. my third vid is on VEOH if you can't tell. search: WiseAnt caps required
vid quality killed unless you download though, even then IDK, my original is all I know

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Enjoyed it. Fell free to check out my 2nd attempt at action "Pump", but yours is better I think.

Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

mxchibandit
Org Profile

Post by mxchibandit » Wed May 04, 2011 9:43 pm

My video is back up now! Take that, Sony Music Japan!

steelbaz
Org Profile

Post by steelbaz » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Haha Sony Japan wins, because it's back down again. Sucks when YT does that :down:

I think it's a quite good for a 1st AMV.. No real complaints of any kind for your first work, it's much better than my first attempt. Actually it's better than most of the first attempts i've seen posted here lately, and some of the other non- 1st time ones too :mrgreen:

You should probably pick a shorter song next time, and watch as many AMV tutorials on youtube as you can. That's a good way to incorporate things you may not have thought of, or just don't know how to do yet. A few elite editors have some really great tutorials up on youtube, so definitely check them out. They will speed up your editing development immensely, since you already seem to have a good foundation.

Like I said, good 1st AMV imo, but In the future, if you pick a song like that with a lot of beats (like the one you just used). You really have to try and hit (beat synch) as many beats as possible (within reason obviously). Pulse effects/Reverberations, flashing, using key framing to zoom with the pan crop feature, all work well. Just key framing in general works well and is essential to making good AMV's. Quick scene and color changes that match the beat, are always nice too. Then there are more advanced things, like scene reconstruction, done with masking, etc... Just a ton of things you can do to beat synch.

Anyways great start, and once you start tearing through some of the great tutorials, i'm sure you'll be very good, in no time. (I'll sub you on youtube so I can see what you working on).

Good job!

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 am

Just stopping by to say that Megurine Luka is my favorite Vocaloid, that is all.

Return to “Works in Progress”