Toriko

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Toriko

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:06 pm

In the world of Toriko, many extravagant and delicious ingredients exist in the most dangerous places, and it is up to the Bishoku-ya, or Gourmet Food Providers, to hunt down these animals and plants in the face of danger. Toriko is one such Bishoku-ya, taking his place as one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Bishoku-ya with his immense strength and appetite. Toriko takes on job after job while searching for the foods great enough to make it into his dream full-course meal.
So far, episode 1 has been released and subbed.
And I must say that its probably one of the most badass food-related anime episodes I've seen in a long time. It was just. So. Awesome. 8D

Episode 1 was around the length of an OVA so I'm not sure if this is just going to be a series of OVAs, normal 22-minute episodes or if they're going to stop there. It was set to be a TV series on the Spring Anime List, so I believe it'll end up having more (but either the following episodes will be shorter and release weekly, or they'll be longer and release every few months).

Either way,
I WANT MORE TORIKO.

Statz
Org Profile

Re: Toriko

Post by Statz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 am

EkaCoralian wrote:
Either way,
I WANT MORE TORIKO.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Lovin this show

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Toriko

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Well episodes "2 and 3" have aired! (Personally I'm just gonna count that first episode as an OVA, and the next episode which had the opening as episode 1).
This show makes me feel like a kid again. :'D Its like I'm sitting down and watching DBZ all over again. <3
Episode 2 (or 3 if you prefer) was awesooome; rainbow fruit makes me crave rainbow sorbet ice cream (methinks I'll go buy some tomorrow... )

GATCH, GATCH GATCH, GATCH GATCH~

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”