Asking for much Help to create One Piece AMV

CrazyAboutOnePiece
Org Profile

Asking for much Help to create One Piece AMV

Post by CrazyAboutOnePiece » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:06 am

Well, so I really want to create my own AMV in tribute for Whitbeard, an amazing amazing character from One Piece. But...I have never made any AMVs before...so I registered here in hope to find some help...and well, there's just way too much information that I don't even know where to begin..not mentioning lots of people use abbreviations I've never seen before which pretty much made me even confuser :shock: ...
It's just so much nicer if anyone here could just directly answer some of my questions, I can't thank you enough...because I really really want to make something for Whitebeard...he is just such a hero among heroes (whoever watches One Piece, you'll totally agree with me, right? XD)
So I just need some basic stuff to get myself started:
1) What's a good software out there that'll allow me to piece together clips from anime and pictures and sync them with music?? (I've already picked a good music for this) So basically what do you guys use/recommend? Is there special effects included within this software?
2) Where can I get those One Piece clips???? I just don't have a single clue how do AMV makers cut out those awesome clips from Anime like that...please help me on this one!!! Thanks a ton ton ton!!!

And I think that's pretty much it, pretty straight forward, right? And of course, any extra tips is extremely welcomed!
*Gah!! I could just see how the AMV will turn out in my head but I don't know anything to actually create it X(*

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Re: Asking for much Help to create One Piece AMV

Post by Cannonaire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 am

Not sure if this is where your post belongs, but w/e.

1. The software I use is Sony Vegas. It's good software, but it has the advantage of being really easy to use while giving you a ton of flexibility. It's also really easy to get the trial for it. Here is the download page for the trial version. There is other software, but I don't really have much experience with it. I hear Premiere is good, but it's kind of a weird process to even get a trial for that.

2. Around these parts we generally get clips off DVDs or Blu-rays we own. If you're interested in learning how, I think the best starting point is the AVTech guide. It's a great guide and it's what got me started. Not everything is 100% correct or up to date right now, but it's definitely enough.

In case you aren't already aware, it is against the rules here to ask for downloaded footage or where to find it - this is for legal/liability reasons. Finally, there are a lot of people around here willing to help out with pretty much any aspect of making an AMV, and I would also gladly help out with any technical questions you have.

[GloryQuestor: Moved to General Video.]
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

CrazyAboutOnePiece
Org Profile

Post by CrazyAboutOnePiece » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I've spend some time looking around on this website and did manage to find some beginner's guide...quite organized and helpful. I went ahead and download Sony Vegas Trial version, it's very intuitive, I like it...I can see now how AMV editors piece together music with different scenes. But this question just came into my head...if I get a scene from DVD, how do I block out the original sound? I like to watch Japanese voice over with English Sub, in that case...how do I also remove the subtitles?? I think some of the scenes during episode opening are really good too...is there any way to remove the song, lyrics, credit, etc....hopefully, this is something I can ask here?

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm

CrazyAboutOnePiece wrote:..is there any way to remove the song, lyrics, credits?
Go frame by frame to erase the credits and lyrics in Corel Photoshop.
.. too many people believe that there is "this magical program that erases words"; "that" doesn't exist!!
To eliminate the Audio, just turn it off ( or erase the track in question. )
.. all editors usually offer the same options as others -- just under different names.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”