Vegas just really screwed me over.

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Invaderkibachan
Org Profile

Vegas just really screwed me over.

Post by Invaderkibachan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm

So, i've been working on an AMV all day long, and I finished, so I saved and was going to go download some textures. I figured I might as well delete the files in the Project Bin (or whatever it's called) but I didn't know that would also delete everything in my video.....
So i ctrl'd z, and it said it was working, but it was on 0% for about 5 minutes :I

..luckily, since I saved it, I had the working file with the actual clips in it. So i tried to open that, but...it stopped at 14%, and then froze...
And I had to use Task Manager to close it, and i tried opening it again, and it again, froze at 14%....
Now, there are ALOT of movies in this video (its like a 3 minute long video), and ever more movies in the Project Bin...so i wasn't expecting it NOT to be slow when opening it again...but not to friken freeze up on me.

And going through my files I used for it, I noticed...it rewrote over my .WMV files and replaced them with .sfap0 files. I checked my WMM and yup, they had that X over where their file used to be...

This is incredibaly frustrating. Like I said, I'm DONE with the AMV itself, I just want to convert it to .mp4 and upload it...then I won't have to touch this file again. But I can't do that if I can't open the flippin thing!

Plz help ;~;
Yes. That is a Rainbow Eevee and you are not high.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Re: Vegas just really screwed me over.

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:22 pm

There should be a backup of your saved project file. Named FILENAME.veg.bak

Delete the .bak
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”