Subforums for MMV and CMV ?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Subforums for MMV and CMV ?

Post by Pwolf » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:47 pm

EvaFan wrote:
Pwolf wrote:one of the rules for announcing a video is that it must be in the database. if we start allowing people to announce videos in the announcement thread that aren't allowed in the database (LAMV/CMVs) then we are going against the foundation and focus of the website. It seems like more people in the community would rather maintain the foundation the website was built on then change it, which means, not allowing people to announce LAMVs. That's what the off topic forum is for, use it.
When did it suddenly become ok for popular people to announce something not from the database then: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=104144 ? Is it ok to throw it in there as extra or something?
The original poster is still posting a video that's in the database vs only posting the one that's not. And it's not just "popular" people who do that.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:55 pm

EvaFan wrote:Why not share and discuss with the community you already are with and like?
Because this community is about AMVs. I don't go into a car community and demand that they make me a sub forum about boats. That doesn't make sense. Use the off topic forum, it's called off topic for a reason (well, it's called "General" but it's off topic).

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 am

Pwolf wrote:
EvaFan wrote:
Pwolf wrote:one of the rules for announcing a video is that it must be in the database. if we start allowing people to announce videos in the announcement thread that aren't allowed in the database (LAMV/CMVs) then we are going against the foundation and focus of the website. It seems like more people in the community would rather maintain the foundation the website was built on then change it, which means, not allowing people to announce LAMVs. That's what the off topic forum is for, use it.
When did it suddenly become ok for popular people to announce something not from the database then: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=104144 ? Is it ok to throw it in there as extra or something?
The original poster is still posting a video that's in the database vs only posting the one that's not. And it's not just "popular" people who do that.
I can recognize few of my videos are very borderline with the concept of AMV :lol: (I remember that my Android Love has its local link removed despite the fact of mixing anime sources and non anime source but it was more focused on "Renaissance").

Anyway I can understand that admins don't choose to do a subforum about LAMV. It was more a suggestion than anything. If we can still present our non-anime video in off topic, that's ok (even if we don't have the same visibility than the subforum AMV announcement :p ).
Pwolf wrote:
EvaFan wrote:Why not share and discuss with the community you already are with and like?
Because this community is about AMVs. I don't go into a car community and demand that they make me a sub forum about boats. That doesn't make sense. Use the off topic forum, it's called off topic for a reason (well, it's called "General" but it's off topic).
Actually I think LAMV and AMV are quite close. The material is certainly different but the finality is the same: it's all about editing. And it's sometimes refreshing to see some different kind of things.

But don't worry, if I want to see other kind of stuff, I am going onto Creaspace.ru ;)
YT is not very practical to find good stuff.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Snowcrash wrote: Actually I think LAMV and AMV are quite close. The material is certainly different but the finality is the same: it's all about editing. And it's sometimes refreshing to see some different kind of things.
Yes, they are both about editing, but the end result is still different. I have no problem with someone going into the video/audio help sections looking for assistance with an LAMV/CMA. That part of the process is pretty universal but if you want to announce the video after it's been completed, use the off topic forum, that's what it's for.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:55 am

EvaFan wrote:
Oh lawl. The 'popularity' bullshit comes out. I think you'll find I acted well within the rules. This is something I got confirmed by a site moderator (in this case Kalium) back in 2006 when I started to make a lot of Live Action videos, and before the Donator's Forum came back. I asked, and was advised, that it was okay to put a live action video into an announcement if you wanted, as long as the announcement contained a real new AMV along with it. But yeah. Popularity rules :roll: If you spent less time bitching and more time actually asking people things you may learn a thing or two.
EvaFan wrote:Well when all thats left is mainly forum regulars, and people average 0-10 posts unless your popular on the announcement forums do you think your ideology is working? You're clearly being high and mighty. There is nothing wrong with a democratic forum. If a poll proved that the community was more in favor of a LAMV/MMV thread (that is still related to editing) then why not give them what they want.
Nya-chan Production wrote:Btw, admins ARE governors of the Org - and they bear all the responsibility for it - from discontent users to massive exodus. I don't mean this to sound harsh, but it is a fact - most of the communities that work overly democratic-y tend to lose focus of the original theme and change into clutters of subforums of subforums of off-topic.
Thank god you're only a mod, I only hope kariudo and doki don't feel the same way. I have never ran into a forum that used polls and worked with the community instead of for/against them that strayed from what it was created for, the community. This kind of thinking is why this forum is practically dead. So what if the focus and theme is lightened up on, its still there. The a-m-v.org main page and all its features are still there. The only difference is the community has more ways to interact and discuss. Seriously, stop being the lock and start being the key.
Yes, the forum is 'practically dead' despite the fact that there are 160 topics that have been updated in the last 7 days, not even factoring in how many times each has been replied in. Not to mention the fact that it took 26 hours to get 96 editors to sign up to an online IC competition. But yeah. The community is practically dead.

Nya-chan is right. The Moderators and the Admin do have the say. They are the governors of the website. They are chosen for a reason. This isn't some free community to do whatever the hell you want. It was started as a way to catalogue any AMV that a creator wanted to share. We have various rules, and we have them for various reasons. Yes there are times when these rules are reviewed, but it has never been a case of majority rules. It's been about coming up with a valid reason and presenting a clear case.

I mean honestly, if you're that bothered by it then why don't you actually do something about it? Why aren't you the one going "well hot damn I'll make my own site called LAMV.org and it can act as a sister site to the org". People constantly bitch about how a-m-v.org should change and include LAMVs but nobody gets off their ass and actually does any work towards any of it at all. They just sit back and bitch and moan at the mods for not doing what they want. Honestly, I think if you did take a poll you'd find more people against it than for it. I edit LAMVs. I love LAMVs. But I would vote against it. Most of the people I know would vote against it. If it were that big of a deal to people to have it done I think it would have blown up more, but all that happens is the same 20-40 people pop up every few months, make the same arguments, run around in circles, and then do nothing about it but wait another couple of months before bitching about it again.

You want it? Get off your ass and do something about it. Stop complaining that this site won't cater for something it was never designed to.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:34 am

And so... what about non-anime stuff (by extension non-japanese animation) ? :mrgreen:
No place for them ^^°

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 am

non-animemusicvideos.org

done.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am

Haha, good one =)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 pm

did the vidding livejournal community die?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:09 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:did the vidding livejournal community die?
Livejournal itself died for the most part at least 5 years ago. It's just really slow to shut down.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”