Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Double post, sorreh.
Strike Witches in my Star Driver? More likely than you'd think!

Episode was alright; I liked the idea behind the new designs for the Cybodies (but I think very little happened in this episode. Most of it was about the regeneration.)
And was that a first phase we saw from Wako finally? :'D Hoping for elaboration on it next episode.

Speaking of the next episode,
I don't like to be reduced to a mind-wiped fangirl very much, but... eeeee. c': <3

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:10 am

Episode 22 was cute~ The kiss was so cute. :'3

And episode 23...
THE ENDING. FFFFFF (I mean I saw it coming buy STILL, FFFF ;___; )

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm

I DIDNT SEE IT COMING, WHAT THE HECK IS THIS >>;;;;
Spoiler :
I apparently missed the part where everyone suddenly knew who Takuto's father was. Was that when Takuto fought him in the first place?

Also, Takuto Punch Sugata Missile made me lol.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 pm

^Yeah I guess it was during that fight,
Spoiler :
but honestly I don't really see how Takuto could guess Reiji was his Dad right off the bat. I mean he fought him, but Reiji was in a Cybody. All technicalities considered, he wouldn't have been able to know it was him since Cybodies aren't see-through. xD Unless it was a weirdly special Cybody.
Also,
Spoiler :
<3

<3 <3

<3 <3 <3
AND ONE LAST THING.
Lolsimiliarities. :'D

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 pm

24 was a pretty good episode [I finally got my cliffhanger fight...sorta], and 25 seems like it should be a heckuva battle. I can't help but imagine that the finale won't be as clean as I'd like it to be They just shoved SO many characters and backstories into this show, and it feels like they haven't properly touched on all of them which is partially to say I want more Mizuno dagnabbit. Who knows, maybe we'll get a season 2 out of this.

I might have to rewatch the series though, as I must have forgotten some plot points...

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah agreed: it looks like it'll be so rushed. :c
I don't really understand how
Spoiler :
Samekh was summoned though... like Keito's seal was broken, then all of a sudden it bursts out of the ground. Sugata didn't even approvoise, it just broke through the ground. xD It looked like Head summoned it almost. o-0
Also, I REALLY don't like Sugata x Keito. He doesn't even love her, and she's like throwing himself at him. :c Sugata you know I love you, but you can be a real douchemuffin sometimes.
I have a feeling Season 2 will be made as well. Its unbelievably popular in Japan right now, so its not like it has an anchor weighing it down at least as a reason. :3

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 am

Episode 25 released, and Star Driver comes to a close.

I kind of liked the final battle, despite a lot of animation inconsistencies which slightly irritated me. *shrugs* I think that Head's plan was pretty obvious ever since that episode with his past aired, however I didn't see the whole Samekh plot at first.
Also, not sure if I liked Head's defeat. I mean when I first saw those drawn/artful animated sequences pop in and out for a second, all I could think of was Gurran Lagann (because that was its style for the most part. Specifically in the second movie) and when I saw Head defeated, I could think of nothing BUT Gurren Lagann's second movie. It was pretty much exactly the same: the action, the style, the colors. Eeeevvverything. :c
But I think that was my only gripe (and maybe Head's insanity. Like, he was willing to do all that just so he could time travel, lolwut).

But all in all, a good episode and conclusion. I'd have liked to see an epilogue with Wako leaving the island or something; however now that Zero Time has been broken and all of the Maiden Seals slashed, I believe this brings some hope for an OVA, second season or even a movie. It wouldn't be surprising with its popularity in Japan either.

Stay fabulous, folks.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:38 am

I havent seen Gurren Lagann, but it seem like Takuto took a page out of Mamoru Hosoda's book with his punch to Head [All I could think was One Piece movie 8 and Summer Wars], lol.

The first part of the episode felt kinda odd to me, I guess because it was much darker in tone than the rest of the series was, so it was a little jarring [To be fair, there was a good reason for it to be like that]. The second half was very good, and I really didn't expect
Spoiler :
Takuto to break Wako's seal,
I thought that was a great plot twist. The ending fight was very well animated. I'd like to have seen something behind the credits though...I imagine there will be something for the DVD, similar to what Soul Eater did.

Still, I feel like many of those characters had so much more story to tell...I really do hope for a continuation of some sort. Is it really that popular in japan? Aside from this topic, I haven't heard much about it and...well, reception here was been sorta luke warm. Granted, I haven't really LOOKED either...

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah I've looked around a bit. There's a game being made, some figurines made, a whole ton of collectible cards 'n' all that. And Pixiv is loaded with fanart.
(Though to be perfectly honest, I'm fairly certan a majority of the fans are yaoi fangirls.. XD; )

I think now that
Spoiler :
Zero Time has been broken, Head's still alive and the Maidens' Seals are all broken
there's a lot of room for a continuation (I'm not sure about a sequel season, but I can see an OVA or a movie).

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah I've looked around a bit. There's a game being made, some figurines made, a whole ton of collectible cards 'n' all that. And Pixiv is loaded with fanart.
(Though to be perfectly honest, I'm fairly certan a majority of the fans are yaoi fangirls.. XD; )

I think now that
Spoiler :
Zero Time has been broken, Head's still alive and the Maidens' Seals are all broken
there's a lot of room for a continuation (I'm not sure about a sequel season, but I can see an OVA or a movie).

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”