The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - OFFICIAL RULES

Brad
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - OFFICIAL RULE

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:I use an decrepit G5 mac that can take an hour plus to export. Is that ok?
It's fine. As long as I know you're working on getting it exported, that's enough for me.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Kyotachi
Org Profile

Post by Kyotachi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 pm

just out of curiosity...I might have missed that point when reading the rules... but what are the consequences or rather...how can you make sure that the participant has stopped editing after the 2hrs of editing?
I'm just curious :?

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Kyotachi wrote:just out of curiosity...I might have missed that point when reading the rules... but what are the consequences or rather...how can you make sure that the participant has stopped editing after the 2hrs of editing?
Well primarily it is based on the honor system. I am trusting that people will play fairly. Besides that, at the end of the 2 hours I do ask people what the duration of their video is, even before they start exporting. It's not perfect, but I'm not going to have people send me a screenshot of their timeline or whatever.

Kyotachi
Org Profile

Post by Kyotachi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Brad wrote:
Kyotachi wrote:just out of curiosity...I might have missed that point when reading the rules... but what are the consequences or rather...how can you make sure that the participant has stopped editing after the 2hrs of editing?
Well primarily it is based on the honor system. I am trusting that people will play fairly. Besides that, at the end of the 2 hours I do ask people what the duration of their video is, even before they start exporting. It's not perfect, but I'm not going to have people send me a screenshot of their timeline or whatever.
ahhh ok thank you for noting that out...

I have another question concerning FTP and Upload speed...
My internet is usually very slow when it comes to uploading videos that are up to 100MB (can take up to 2hrs at least)...are there any policies about having to need a faster internet or such....? :o
thank you

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:25 pm

As long as I see that you are indeed uploading it, it's fine. I understand that some people have really slow internet. Just let me know how big the file is and I'll check up on it until it's done.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Brad wrote:
LantisEscudo wrote:A question on sources' episode counts: what about series where an episode is significantly shorter than the standard half-hour, like DiGi Charat or Chi's Sweet Home, which were something like 3 minutes each? Would we be allowed an increase in count to come up with the approx. 150 minutes of footage, or be limited to the 15 or so minutes that five episodes would give us?
I think we're just gonna have to look at that on a case by case basis. 99% of the time we'll be dealing with 5 22 minute long episodes. It's tough to say "use 90-120 minutes of footage" because then what about games that only have like 20-30 minutes of footage or shorter films like Voices of a Distant Star. It's a slippery slope that just tends to make things more complicated. As far as the sources in question, I really don't know. How many episodes of those appear on the DVDs?
What about a series of OVAs where each episode is about 45-50 minutes each, such as Hellsing Ultimate? Would that count as a series or individual movies?

/edit: Nevermind. Saw the answer in the other thread.
Under Construction

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Edited the rules to add the exceptions/clarifications for individual series.

Alumnus
Org Profile

Post by Alumnus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:55 pm

What is an FTP server!? Please tell me, somebody! I wish I knew.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Alumnus wrote:What is an FTP server!? Please tell me, somebody! I wish I knew.
When you want to upload a file to a web server, you typically end up using something called FTP. If you're mostly used to things like YouTube or Facebook then it's not surprising that you wouldn't be familiar with FTP. It's pretty simple though. You download an FTP client (such as CuteFTP for Windows or Fetch for Mac. If you use Firefox as your web browser, check out FireFTP. It's a free addon that puts an FTP client right inside your browser. Super handy, it's what I use), and you set up an FTP server account in the program. All this consists of is saying what the FTP server address is (typically something like "ftp.websitename.com") then a login and password. When it comes time for you to upload your video to be judged, I will provide you with the server address, login, and password.

kingalex120
Org Profile

Post by kingalex120 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:13 pm

One Time!!!
When life gives you lemons,...MAKE APPLE JUICE AT LET THE WHOLE WORLD WONDER HOW YOU DID IT!!!

Return to “The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0”