Awww,

I like ass pats.
:(

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

dazza1008 wrote:I don't know the requirements of AMV competitions in general, but at the very least, I think they are looking for places equivalent to YouTube where they can just direct people to view them. I know that what we have could cut the cheese (i.e. if people were to create accounts, and actually enter the comp by submitting here).
All of the anime convention AMV contests I've seen, if they even have audience voting at all (Anime Weekend Atlanta is one major convention that doesn't), seem to want to show the videos and have the audience vote on them at the conventions themselves. That way the videos get a proper big-screen treatment, and only the people who actually pay to attend the con get to see them in that format (and vote).
dazza1008 wrote:3) embedding possible?
Well, if you donate and upload your videos to the LOCAL server, you can embed your videos in other webpages, yes.
dazza1008 wrote:5) another reason for organisers to post entries here is because some participants might not want the original available for download because of possible stealing OH NOES
Wait, what? If the organizers (or anyone else) are uploading the videos here, then anyone can download them to HDD -- that's pretty much the default way of viewing videos here; streaming (the PREVIEW option on some videos) was only added in recent years. One reason people have given me for putting their videos on YouTube and not on the Org is BECAUSE it's harder to steal videos on YouTube (is it even possible at all if you disable embedding?).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Scintilla wrote: (is it even possible at all if you disable embedding?).
Totally possible, there are loads of sites and programs that offer downloading in mp4. Once it's streamed, it's practically downloaded somewhere on your PC and it's just the matter of grabbing it.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Totally possible, there are loads of sites and programs that offer downloading in mp4. Once it's streamed, it's practically downloaded somewhere on your PC and it's just the matter of grabbing it.
I asked because the only such sites and programs I ever spotted couldn't grab videos that didn't have embedding enabled. In any case, it's still one more hoop to jump through than we have here.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
I asked because the only such sites and programs I ever spotted couldn't grab videos that didn't have embedding enabled. In any case, it's still one more hoop to jump through than we have here.
I have a browser plugin that does it. Works on everything.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I have a browser plugin that does it. Works on everything.
Works on any site? What plugin is that? The one I have only works on a small handful of sites.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 pm

godix wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I have a browser plugin that does it. Works on everything.
Works on any site? What plugin is that? The one I have only works on a small handful of sites.
It works on everything on Youtube - the site mentioned initially framing this exchange of the validity of putting your stuff there to "not have it stolen."
| | |

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:05 am

Look, I know most of you already know this. But someone's gonna have to take action on the coding and org's redesign. So far, If I'm not mistaken, no progress has been made really, contribution for ideas has been going smooth but nothing more.
I think if some of us pitch in money, we can hire some coders and graphic designers to get the job done.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 am

Kaream wrote:Look, I know most of you already know this. But someone's gonna have to take action on the coding and org's redesign. So far, If I'm not mistaken, no progress has been made really, contribution for ideas has been going smooth but nothing more.
I think if some of us pitch in money, we can hire some coders and graphic designers to get the job done.
How, exactly, do you know nothing's been done? You do realize the site has extra code test server space that isn't public facing...
| | |

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:04 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Kaream wrote:Look, I know most of you already know this. But someone's gonna have to take action on the coding and org's redesign. So far, If I'm not mistaken, no progress has been made really, contribution for ideas has been going smooth but nothing more.
How, exactly, do you know nothing's been done? You do realize the site has extra code test server space that isn't public facing...
Because, you know, the best thing we can do is do all the changes and coding on the running installation of the Org ;x

Return to “Site Announcements”