Premier CS3 audio cuts out

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Premier CS3 audio cuts out

Post by ngsilver » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 am

I've been experiencing this problem ever since I upgraded to Windows 7. I first attributed it to using an older PC and an IDE hard drive and a small amount of ram. But now I've moved to a new PC that shouldn't be hindering the editing program at all. My CPU and RAM utilization while editing and during preview barely touches 20%. So I'm a little stumped for a cause other then editing with CS3 on Windows7 Pro 64bit.

Basically, as the title suggests, when I preview my timeline in premier the audio will randomly cut out for 2~5 second intervals randomly. This generally only takes place when I've rendered the timeline but not always. I'm editing with UTVideo files and WAV audio. My render codec is pic-video mjpeg that I've never had issues with since I started using it like 9 years ago. Basically, when the audio cuts out I don't hear the audio and the in the audio master meter I keep next to the timeline the audio level just drops off. It'll then pick back up again in 2~5 seconds only to drop in another 2~5 seconds.

The real odd thing is that there is no pause, slowdown, or anything in the video playback. It's just the audio that does this. Video data takes a lot more bandwidth to move then audio, so I'm really confused about this error that I was expecting to leave behind when I built the new PC.

Any ideas?
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Premier CS3 audio cuts out

Post by ngsilver » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:30 am

Here's a video of the problem happening live: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13475919

This error gets really annoying when I'm trying to preview a good 30 seconds of footage to be sure it all flows how I want it to and syncs up accordingly. The only real way to actually preview is to export the video and then preview it.
ImageImageImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 pm

what format is the audio, i can't tell from the video.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Pwolf wrote:what format is the audio, i can't tell from the video.
nm, you said WAV in the first post -_-

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 pm

print screen your sequence settings.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:51 am

I should also add that this error only started to show up after I moved to Windows 7. I never saw it when I was using XP Pro 64bit. My sequence settings haven't really changed much either. I don't think it's the 23.97 timecode, as this also happens when I use 29.97 and 24.
ImageImageImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:42 pm

? are you editing this sequence while it is in Mjpeg -or- RAW?
( this almost sounds like the same "Magix VideoDeluxe" error with DirectX 8a years ago! )
.. ? .. Your XP-64 had DirectX -- right? ... .. Does System7 come with DirectX-10 built-in
or do you have to download it separately???

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm

post-it wrote:? are you editing this sequence while it is in Mjpeg -or- RAW?
( this almost sounds like the same "Magix VideoDeluxe" error with DirectX 8a years ago! )
.. ? .. Your XP-64 had DirectX -- right? ... .. Does System7 come with DirectX-10 built-in
or do you have to download it separately???
7 comes with directx11

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Welp, I finally got my 2nd SSD installed. I'm transferring (copying) the source/project files to the SSD I got just for editing. I wanted the extra speed over the 7200RPM drives I've been using, and I think it'd be a good test to see if it is the standard platter style drive. Though TBH I don't think it is the platter style drive that's causing it, but at this point I'm kinda grasping at any straw I can... I'll report back my findings.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:05 pm

At first things were hopeful... however after doing some work on my video the audio drop started happening again. Read speeds don't seem to be the issue here and I'm at a loss. Anyone else seen this issue before or have any clue what it is?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Adobe Software”