POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Jadecavy
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by Jadecavy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Yes, she's grass. And in the anime that gym creates perfumes from the glume and vileplume's scents, which team rocket of course tries to steal.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:09 am

Team Rocket tries to steal it by cleverly disguising Ash as Ashley >.>

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:28 am

Okay, I have to say, with a staggering 147 base attack, Haxorus is broken. I say this because it also has access to Dragon Dance and Swords Dance, a STAB Outrage, and a conditionally ATK boosting ability. It's going to OHKO 95% of the pokemon in the game without a boost, and everything after a single Swords Dance.
ImageImage

And after Swords Dance:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was made uber. I mean, it doesn't have the greatest speed, but at 97 it's more than decent. Not a whole lot is going to be able to OHKO it in time, and that's what you'd have to do: get out something with a superior speed and OHKO it before it does it to you.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:She has a Vileplume, and in Pokemon Adventures she has a Tangela and in Pokemon: Electric Tale of Pikachu she has a Weepinbel and in the anime she has a Gloom and oh gosh
and oh gosh..? |:>

LOL the first time I saw Weepinbell in the game I was like, WTF is with this name? :rofl:

@Mr.Moonbeam, there's such a thing as a damage calculator?! It sure looks complex. :amv:

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:44 pm

There are a couple damage calculators, but the only ones I've found for Gen 5 are this one and an excel spreadsheet. They changed the formulas up, so it's different. I play quite a bit competitively (or I did a few months ago), so I'm pretty familiar with the common EV sets, and unless you're going for a particular type of hidden power, IVs are always 31. It's not that bad if you know what you're doing. :P

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Damage Calculator? Shit's gonna get serious now.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 pm

There have been damage calculators since gen one. But I was wrong, Haxorus isn't a wallbreaker. It can't easily get around skarmory, ferrothorn, slowbro, hippo, forro, etc. But it's a decent physical sweep, other than its average speed.

spano33
Org Profile

Post by spano33 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:34 pm

yeah, duh, there have been damage calcs since gen 1, where'd this guy come from :down:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks to you guys I pulled out the old R4 and got it working with Black. This might be fun.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Never used a damage calculator before.I was more interested in seeing what moves would 1 hit KO the opponent tbh.

Oh, something worth mentioning was my lil bro had managed to dig out our old GameBoy Colour with Poke Red(Blue was lost somewhere D:) We had some epic times discussing how awesome the graphics looked back then(:rofl:) and how useful the rare candy glitch was. (Lv100 everything FTW :P)

Though one thing I really hated about those old retro games was that horrible ghost tower were you needed special glasses to see ghosts. It gave me and my brother nightmares when we were kids. :amv: BAD MEMORIES.

Return to “General Discussion”