Sum 41 MEP (All Tracks Filled)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: Sum 41 MEP (All Tracks Filled)

Post by SilkAMV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:02 am

I don't have time to do that myself but I would be in full support of it. Just give the word and I'll upload my lossless.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:04 am

EvaFan: why don't you take it over, and put the MEP together?

and I also plan on finishing my track, I already corrected the msitakes from before :') and why not just make a deadline? for example june 15, when summer break starts (who goes to school lol) or whatever, that was just an example. Unfortunately I'm only home at the weekends (and school breaks) so I don't think I would have the time to put it together.

Edit: btw it just came to my mind, but we could do 2 versions of the MEP maybe, a v1 which is unfinished or a kind of a beta, and a v2 which is full? if you really can't wait, or don't know what to do :')

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Just realized that it would be very difficult to combine all the tracks without the original project file because all the tracks include some audio from the track before and after on them. You would pretty much have to play it by ear and try to align them based on the waveform and sound which is a bad idea. At this point it's either get in touch with nighthawk about having him atleast still combine all the tracks, try to combine them without project file (may be mistakes), remix the tracks together with different audio transition points (probably be even harder), and just releasing separately. Don't know what to say now.

He has the timeframes listed on the main post but the deleted track is gonna make all the tracks after it off on time and I'm not sure how that deleted track effects tracks before and after it or what he was planning to to there.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Well I think you do that with every MEP don't you? looking at the waveform and put it exactly there, but even if he put together the MEP in the original project it could have mistakes as well :P he would only have to upload the MEP music in a better quality, so that someone can have it. about the deleted track, how do you mean deleted? someone else could make the track maybe? or if it is too much for one person we can still split it up :P it's not that hard to put together a mep by watching waveforms (especially that each track will have the same fps hopefully).

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:13 pm

No harm in trying I guess. Feel kinda bad about hijacking the mep but if night cared, he would have said something by now. Anyway, if you want me to try combining all the tracks then PM me a download link to your track. If you need somewhere to upload it to, I can create a temp account on my studios server but id prefer you use fileserve or megaupload or your own server if possible.

Lagarith preferred but UT codec works too.

Edit: Since I don't have the original mix... You have to send me your track with your audio attached in the highest quality possible as well.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Shouldn't night have the original mix uncompressed?

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:20 pm

I PM'd him, we will see. If I can get the mix that would make things alot easier. Actually If I can't get the mix from him or he won't finish this then we should probably solo release. I really don't want to be responsible for possible errors in the final product from laying tracks down on the timeline by ear.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:01 am

Worst case you can just get the mp3 at the beginning of this thread.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 am

I didn't even think to check that link, ok here's the deal. I have that MP3 mix and it is the original timeline, it even has the deleted track. Basically I can put all the tracks on the timeline in their spots correctly now but will still have to remix between missing tracks. I still need uncompressed versions of your audio with your tracks though so I'll try getting them from their respective links tonight on the first page. Highly doubt you want me using this mp3, it sounds good but better to use your full quality uncompressed versions. If any of the links are broken, I'll be asking for an uncompressed from you through PM.

Anyway, just saying that I can put the mep together easily now. Send in complete tracks as a lagarith or UTvideo, audio no longer necessary. The people that aren't done have until I get all the tracks together and intro made to finish, I can give you a bit extra time if you want but realize most of us have been waiting a very long time for this to finish so be reasonable.

Lets finish this damn thing :beer: .

Edit: Anyone want to try editing nighthawks track? The wav is still there if someone wants to try. Could just treat it like an IC then touch it up until I need it to finish the MEP. If not its fine.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Okay, give me 2 weeks, and I'll try to finish my track (just consider please that I only have the weekends to edit) but I'll try :up:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”