My First AMV

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Yoshi-san
Org Profile

My First AMV

Post by Yoshi-san » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:55 am

I looked through my friends amv's and others, so i decided to create my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwzWjzECmqo

Constructive Criticism please :).

WiseAnt
Org Profile

Re: My First AMV

Post by WiseAnt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 am

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I M H O<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
umm...where to start? Not good. I could not see a clear, cohesive thread throughout the vid, other than
"Ichigo is a bad@$$". Hey, that's all well and good. Many people make that their bread and butter and create
wonderfully entertaining vids. They, however, string their group of seemingly unrelated clips together
syncing to the music with quick edits and motion ques; either beat sync or lyric sync. It appears you started
with that intention but you had too many loose edits, errant frames, and just plain uncontrolled original edits
that it starts to fall apart 13 seconds in. Also, you switch between L/R letterbox, top/bottom letterbox, and
full wide screen shots too sporadically. Try to make all your clips homogeneous, or at least limit the frequency
of switching back and forth. I don't want to sound like I'm ripping you a new one because, hey, we all have a
first vid and I don't want to discourage you. So yeah, my constructive criticism is to clean up your storytelling,
sync to the music, and clean up your clips. Good luck in the future.

DarkAngelAMV
Org Profile

Post by DarkAngelAMV » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:49 pm

i think there Potential in the future but to be honest this video just didnt seem to work, the song was good and the video looked nice but they didnt match. The video seems more suited to a slower song
but good luck in the future Yoshi-san ^^

JuckleJack
Org Profile

Post by JuckleJack » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:13 am

I liked it, you did pretty good for your first AMV. Tips for subtitles is to zoom into the video so they are off the screen. Also for your first amv's I'd say try to stick to english songs, much easier to sync up. MAD AMV's take a little more work.

All in all you did good.

Return to “Works in Progress”