A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs & JCAs LIVE @ Momocon (Currently Over)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs & JCAs LIVE @ Momocon (Currently Over)

Post by Kireblue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey Everybody. For those of you that don't already know, my name is Erik Norelus {kireblue}, and I am the assistant director of Momocon's AMV department. This year, I will doing a LIVE broadcast of 2 (possibly 3) different AMV events that will happen on Sunday, March 13th (one of which is the A-M-V.org Viewers choice awards). Since the convention takes place 3 days after the scheduled announcement, I decided to officially schedule a 2hr programing block to showcase the winning videos and broadcast them via UStream. So if you want to see a live audience reaction to the winners, here is your chance.

You will be able to watch it LIVE (March 13 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT) by clicking on the following link:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon

The other event that will be broadcast will be Momocon's 2nd Annual AMV Exhibition (March 13 from 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM EDT) which can also be watched LIVE. I'm also considering broadcasting the results of the AMV Arena / Iron Chef competition, but I haven't made a firm decision yet.

LIVE Channel Link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon
Momocon Website Link: http://momocon.moonfruit.com/

More Info
Momocon is an annual convention held at Georgia Tech's campus, and it is currently the largest free admission anime/ comic/ sci-fi/ gaming convention in North America. Momocon 2011 (March 12-13 2011) will be the con's 7th year in operation, and we are deciding to make espionage and super spies the theme this year (think James Bond, In Like Flint, Austin Powers, etc).

Like previous years, the convention will still be held at Georgia tech, but we have moved to a much bigger area of the campus which will include the GT Hotel, College of Management and Biltmore building (Georgia Tech Square). In addition to the larger space, Momocon has also expanded its AMV department. We now have an entire auditorium dedicated solely to AMVs.

Last edited by Kireblue on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs LIVE @ Momocon (3/13/11)

Post by Bauzi » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 am

Awesome :up:

Do you maybe use VLC-Player for streaming?
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs LIVE @ Momocon (3/13/11)

Post by Kireblue » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:59 am

Bauzi wrote:Awesome :up:

Do you maybe use VLC-Player for streaming?
No, I'm not using VLC. I'm actually using my camera to record the event, and then simultaneously stream it via UStream.tv This allows the viewers to hear ans see the crowd reaction as well.

And besides from my camera, the only equipment that I needed was a device called easycap that I bought for $8.99 from Amazon.com

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs & JCAs LIVE @ Momocon (3/13/11)

Post by Kireblue » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 pm

god damn it took me a long time to make title cards for each video (over 9 hours of work and only 3 hours of sleep). But anyway, Since the total length of all the VCA results were only equal to an hour, I added the JCA videos as well.

I plan on doing a test broadcast tonight at 8pm, so if anyone wants to watch, feel free to tune in. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:57 pm

I suppose you won't broadcast AMV Hell 5 which lengths 1h25 :lol:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Snowcrash wrote:I suppose you won't broadcast AMV Hell 5 which lengths 1h25 :lol:
yeah, I made a tittle card for AMV Hell that says it has been omitted due to length. I am also omitting a few AMVs due to content.

Also, it seems that I will have to cancel the test screening for tonight. I don't currently have the password for the second computer in the AMV room, and I need them both in order to get this to work. I'll have it by tomorrow, so all other events will go on as planned.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:57 am

kireblue wrote:
Snowcrash wrote:I suppose you won't broadcast AMV Hell 5 which lengths 1h25 :lol:
yeah, I made a tittle card for AMV Hell that says it has been omitted due to length. I am also omitting a few AMVs due to content.
You should replaceit by Versus :awesome: (but I don't think that the content is appropriate for all audiences :sweat:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 am

Don't forget to check out the live screening of the AMV exhibition today @ 11:30 and the A-M-V.org Viewers Choice Awards @ 3pm here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs & JCAs LIVE @ Momocon (Currently Ove

Post by Kireblue » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 pm

I just wanna thank everyone that watched the VCA stream. There were a bunch of tech problems in the beginning, but everything worked out great in the end. I'm taking a note of everything that can be improved, so next will be even better :beer:

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org 2011 VCAs & JCAs LIVE @ Momocon (Currently Ove

Post by ReggieSmalls » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 am

It's a shame I had to work I missed it.
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Return to “2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”