Puella Magi Madoka Magica AMV- Darker Than Black Alter OP

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica AMV- Darker Than Black Alter OP

Postby kapparomeo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Video: Hard Bargain (a-m-v.org Preview)
Category: Action, Drama, Serious, Parody
Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Song: Howling
Artist: Abingdon Boys School
Creator: kapparomeo

Creating an AMV on this theme really wasn't so much a hobby as a necessity. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is chock-full of talk of forming contracts to gain special powers, the machinations of sinister agendas behind ambiguous parties, and the exaction of severe prices; some enterprising editor was going to make the link crossing these parallel shows sooner or later! :wink:

This AMV emulates the first opening sequence of Darker Than Black - if you're not familiar with that anime, here's a quick video to introduce you: [LINK]

I hope you find it enjoyable or intriguing, and critcism is always seriously considered.
Last edited by kapparomeo on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kapparomeo

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica AMV- Darker Than Black Alter O

Postby Kosmit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 am

First of all, you don't have to type in all that info by hand - you can use the vidid tag:
Code: Select all
[vidid]181084[/vidid]

to get this:

The AMV itself is ok. It does emulate Darker Than Black's opening quite well, but on the other hand it lacks a bit in synch and dynamics.
Kosmit
Slippery Pole

Postby kapparomeo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Huh. I've been a member of a-m-v.org for over a year and a half and yet I had no idea about that feature... that's really quite embarassing. :oops:

I take your point about dynamics. I'm not much of a graphic artist, and it shows - while the plain logo actually came out quite well in the end, bold, crisp and distinctive, I originally intended to have it be emitting a changing hue as the "Darker Than Black" title card does. Unfortunately, that was beyond my meagre Photoshop skills at present. Still, each of these videos that I make is a learning experience and I hope to make a step towards real proficiency each time.
kapparomeo

Postby angelx03 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Kosmit wrote:
The AMV itself is ok. It does emulate Darker Than Black's opening quite well, but on the other hand it lacks a bit in synch and dynamics.

....which is kind of funny considering I thought the original Darker than Black OP seem to fall short on sync and dynamics. :lol:

I can see where you were going with this video considering the lyrics which eerily matches the premise of Madoka Magica. It's pretty decent.
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby kapparomeo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

Bah. Maybe I should have held fire for a week before making this AMV - there are some shots in the latest episode that would have been a perfect fit:

Alas, I've already deleted all my source files so it would have to be a rebuild from the ground up. Ah well - that particular shot is a bit short, it would be tough to make it scan anyway.
kapparomeo

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 am

I thought it was extremely well executed, but the part with the title was a tad disappointing. But as an opening, it was extremely believable. :up:
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Love this song and dark than black *~*
Think did an awesome job : )
Chained(E)Studio

Postby kapparomeo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:00 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I thought it was extremely well executed, but the part with the title was a tad disappointing. But as an opening, it was extremely believable. :up:

Thanks for the positive comments; do you mean title as in the show's logo scrolling across the screen the start, or the credits sequence at the end?
kapparomeo

Postby SeNniN » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:58 pm

It was nice, I think you did manage to create what you were going for here.
I'm not too fond of these kinds of animes, so I couldn't get into it, but editing wise, it was well put together. :up:
SeNniN

Postby kapparomeo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Unfortunately the YouTube stream link will no longer work - Sony Music, being enemies of joy, have just decided now to take exception to the AMV and have had it pulled. I'm particularly resentful because it's only a short edit of the song, less than half of the full version, and mutliple copies of the Darker Than Black OP are quite happily puttering around YouTube unmolested... :cry:
kapparomeo

Postby big boss93 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 am

Nice! Too bad you didn't wait eps 10 to come. That scene was perfect for your video! But it's still a good amv :D
big boss93

Postby S.A. Robert » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Good clip.
S.A. Robert

Return to AMV Announcements