JCAs 2011 - Results in on page 6!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Re: JCAs - Results in on page 6!

Post by NS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

That's not anger. That's just how I talk, you should know this by now toddles :3.

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm

/reads judges' comments.

Great job, everyone! Thanks for all your hard work. ^^

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

MimS wrote:Who said/decided I was subjective? :roll:
You sounded like your opinion on MEP category was the ultimate right one ;>
Thepooh wrote:They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same. Let me sum up,

Members vote for their friends and then these friends (which became judges) vote for people who (their friends) elected them. Great, really.

Each year you will have the same judges, and the same kind of results.

You don't have to select the same judges each year, you'll save time, especially as : these judges have the same taste, don't take Miami lovers for judging the heat. I think i can tell which judges will be elected for the 2012 edition.

I don't blame judges, I know how it can be hard (I was judge for the past japan expo), and thanks for your verdict. The problem is : THE SYSTEM !! :bzz:

I didn't criticize judges for their tastes it's a subjective opinion, we all have our own. I criticize the choice of judges.

Take 4 guys like :
Turbo, Dn@, JCD, Mirkosp...

And add 4 guys (or girls) elected by their friends.

And I think we will have more interesting results,

My 2 cents,
You know, I could argue that Japan Expo is majorily won by French authors. What a coincidence! But I won't. Know why? Because I trust the judges that they will do their job.

It fairly pains me that the French scene blames the judges for the outcome in this thread, because I believe that all of them put their bias aside and judged the best that they could. They all saw hundreds of videos, had to sort them all out and write comments in two weeks. And now you come and say "Hey, you voted for your friends, fuck your effort, I could do better!". Because under these words about you wanting better system, you say just that much.

You can blame Org nomination system (because judges selected videos mainly from semi-final pool of videos), you can probably blame me for not picking you as a judge, but letting the people choose, but you certainly CANNOT blame judges. Which you did, even when you excused yourself, since they are part of the system (and it's called hypocrisy, btw).

In other words, and to sum it up - the results are valid and in my opinion to the best belief and work of the judges. You can try to change it the next year, but please refrain from attacking the judges this year.

P.S.: Btw, a fun fact - shortly after this dramalama started to boil, two people, one from French and one from Russian scene, offered me a cooperation for the next year. Why nobody did it the whole last year (when I announced I'd organize JCAs this year as well) and now is surprised and offended that I didn't ask him to be in, because it "should've been obvious that we wanted to vote".

P.P.S.: I still think that I didn't convey my message clearly enough ><

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Latest two winners of Japan Expo weren't French...

Anyway I dont' blame the judges, I blame the system :
Something is right in Pooh's text, people from the same community have prolly same taste and more important, the same "knowledge" in AMVing
What I mean is being from Org, AMV.ru, AML-fr or Zona-AMV, you may not know the same vids. OK, consider that every vid participating in any contest seen as "big" is known, still, there are plenty of vids that I love that org people have never seen just because they are org people. Also, logical consequence, being from the same community, you share more easily the same type of ops on same type of vids. Sure it won't be the exact same opinion but it's already too much.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh and yeah Nya, I keep on saying, asking to Snow or me (just one of us), you would have something from the French scene who would have accepted to judge, it's just that you didn't really try to improve the system

Just my op though...

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I want to say +1 for Nya-chan.
Personnally I dislike judging: too much time needed and sometimes very difficult to do a good ranking.
So I congrats the judges for their work and the time they spent on it.

For the complainers who were judges in the past I am pretty sure you know how it's difficult and long to got some good results.

And honestly I had a lot of fun to read the judges' comments and the special prizes :beer:
And the results were quite different from a judge to another. So yes the tastes are definitely different (who says subjectivity ^^).

But complaining is a part of EVERY contest. So don't be too upset.

The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year.

|:>

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I'll kill you Snow >_>

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Snowcrash wrote:The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year. |:>
|:> :shark: |:>

Lirinis
Org Profile

Post by Lirinis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm

They can came from peru it doesn't change anything, the main issue isn't their countries, but their friends, and their tastes. You can take 100 judges, if they all came from .org and have the same taste the result will always be the same.
x2

Nobody blames the judges, they honestly did their job.
Still, the system makes the results eligible for the North-American community only. It's ok if it was meant so. Was it?
The main purpose of VCA/JCA is (for me) to discover all the good videos I missed during the past year.
Yeah, that is why the Big Contest winner is not even mentioned anywhere.

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Lirinis wrote:
Yeah, that is why the Big Contest winner is not even mentioned anywhere.
I correct myself: the videos I missed from the org community during 2010.
Difficult to miss the AMVnews videos because each videos of the Big contest is really well announced on the russian website. I mean a forum announcement is still less attractive than a presentation on the main page of a website.

Return to “AMV Contests”