Puella Magi Madoka Magica AMV- Darker Than Black Alter OP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
kapparomeo
Org Profile

Puella Magi Madoka Magica AMV- Darker Than Black Alter OP

Post by kapparomeo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Video: Hard Bargain (a-m-v.org Preview)
Category: Action, Drama, Serious, Parody
Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Song: Howling
Artist: Abingdon Boys School
Creator: kapparomeo

Creating an AMV on this theme really wasn't so much a hobby as a necessity. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is chock-full of talk of forming contracts to gain special powers, the machinations of sinister agendas behind ambiguous parties, and the exaction of severe prices; some enterprising editor was going to make the link crossing these parallel shows sooner or later! :wink:

This AMV emulates the first opening sequence of Darker Than Black - if you're not familiar with that anime, here's a quick video to introduce you: [LINK]

I hope you find it enjoyable or intriguing, and critcism is always seriously considered.
Last edited by kapparomeo on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica AMV- Darker Than Black Alter O

Post by Kosmit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 am

First of all, you don't have to type in all that info by hand - you can use the vidid tag:

Code: Select all

[vidid]181084[/vidid]
to get this:

The AMV itself is ok. It does emulate Darker Than Black's opening quite well, but on the other hand it lacks a bit in synch and dynamics.

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Huh. I've been a member of a-m-v.org for over a year and a half and yet I had no idea about that feature... that's really quite embarassing. :oops:

I take your point about dynamics. I'm not much of a graphic artist, and it shows - while the plain logo actually came out quite well in the end, bold, crisp and distinctive, I originally intended to have it be emitting a changing hue as the "Darker Than Black" title card does. Unfortunately, that was beyond my meagre Photoshop skills at present. Still, each of these videos that I make is a learning experience and I hope to make a step towards real proficiency each time.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Kosmit wrote:
The AMV itself is ok. It does emulate Darker Than Black's opening quite well, but on the other hand it lacks a bit in synch and dynamics.
....which is kind of funny considering I thought the original Darker than Black OP seem to fall short on sync and dynamics. :lol:

I can see where you were going with this video considering the lyrics which eerily matches the premise of Madoka Magica. It's pretty decent.
ImageImage

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

Bah. Maybe I should have held fire for a week before making this AMV - there are some shots in the latest episode that would have been a perfect fit:

Alas, I've already deleted all my source files so it would have to be a rebuild from the ground up. Ah well - that particular shot is a bit short, it would be tough to make it scan anyway.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 am

I thought it was extremely well executed, but the part with the title was a tad disappointing. But as an opening, it was extremely believable. :up:

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Love this song and dark than black *~*
Think did an awesome job : )

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:00 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I thought it was extremely well executed, but the part with the title was a tad disappointing. But as an opening, it was extremely believable. :up:
Thanks for the positive comments; do you mean title as in the show's logo scrolling across the screen the start, or the credits sequence at the end?

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:58 pm

It was nice, I think you did manage to create what you were going for here.
I'm not too fond of these kinds of animes, so I couldn't get into it, but editing wise, it was well put together. :up:

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Unfortunately the YouTube stream link will no longer work - Sony Music, being enemies of joy, have just decided now to take exception to the AMV and have had it pulled. I'm particularly resentful because it's only a short edit of the song, less than half of the full version, and mutliple copies of the Darker Than Black OP are quite happily puttering around YouTube unmolested... :cry:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”