Winners posted!

This is a forum for discussion of the 2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards.

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I like the queue to download the vids, but do not like not being able to get them because of star ratings :|

Yes, I actually sympathize with the people who aren't watching my vids and leaving me QCs saying as much just so they can download everything in a given category. :| They make a good point.
User avatar
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Plotting

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby M'o'l » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:54 am

Err why do i have vids from 2009 in semi finals queue? :uhoh:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
User avatar
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie
 
Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Status: Problem, Officer?

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby M'o'l » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:14 am

err nevermind my bad :dino:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
User avatar
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie
 
Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Status: Problem, Officer?

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 am

I found some awesome gems in this years semi-finals!

Good work AMV makers!
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby MimS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Waow, I just discovered that vid :



Great vid, best Casshern Sins vid ever :up:
Now I can vote without any doubt :awesome:
Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby JazzyDJ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 am

This is a stupid question but things have changed since I have been hanging around here, and when I go to click on a video category it queues me to download videos I have already downloaded in years past. How do you view and vote videos in this competition this year? I mean I know for fact that "Smashing it Old School" is not a video that was released this year. I downloaded that about 2 years ago. Same with "The Audition".

So what's up? How come when I click on "The Angel Stomping Award" to veiw and to vote it shows old videos? :?:

How can I see the contender videos and vote?
Number 1 on the Bottom 40
User avatar
JazzyDJ
 
Joined: 08 May 2007

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

JazzyDJ wrote:This is a stupid question but things have changed since I have been hanging around here, and when I go to click on a video category it queues me to download videos I have already downloaded in years past. How do you view and vote videos in this competition this year? I mean I know for fact that "Smashing it Old School" is not a video that was released this year. I downloaded that about 2 years ago. Same with "The Audition".

So what's up? How come when I click on "The Angel Stomping Award" to veiw and to vote it shows old videos? :?:

How can I see the contender videos and vote?

Did you clear your queue before adding the new videos? The new videos show up at the bottom of the queue.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby GloryQuestor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 pm

The Finals are now live, so it's time to vote for what you believe is the best videos of 2010!

We'll be announcing the winners next week! :)
Samurai Warriors Productions
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
User avatar
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2004
Location: Cane Ridge, TN
Status: Moved to a new town, looking around.

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm pretty peeved that my trailer / short / comedy / parody / fun video never made it onto the ballot during preliminary nominations.



I also have to wonder how much of this is a popularity contest among the community.
How many of us really have time to look at every video nominated / eligible?
There should be some modifications made for next year.
And yeah...the finalist page is confusing, too.

I shouldn't grump about an online contest as far as AMV Salad 4 (multi-editor) goes.



People at the conventions enjoy it, anyway.
I really should concentrate more on entertaining than winning...or something. :|
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
User avatar
Deuce Loosely
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Herding wild marshmallows

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm

And I found this message in my QC queue:

# 2011-02-22 21:56:56
Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.

My attention is on the bolded part.
What does that mean?
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
User avatar
Deuce Loosely
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Herding wild marshmallows

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby godix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:And I found this message in my QC queue:

# 2011-02-22 21:56:56
Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.

My attention is on the bolded part.
What does that mean?

It means they gave you a 1 star ratings because the video sucks so much they didn't even have to watch it to realize how bad it is.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:12 pm

godix wrote:
Deuce Loosely wrote:And I found this message in my QC queue:

# 2011-02-22 21:56:56
Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.

My attention is on the bolded part.
What does that mean?

It means they gave you a 1 star ratings because the video sucks so much they didn't even have to watch it to realize how bad it is.

I'm gonna take that as a witty remark?
The comment was on AMV Salad 3 (which has 3.66 avg), last year's MEP entry.
So I dunno...
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
User avatar
Deuce Loosely
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Herding wild marshmallows

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby Scintilla » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:I'm pretty peeved that my trailer / short / comedy / parody / fun video never made it onto the ballot during preliminary nominations.


If you only released it in November and it didn't show in any conventions until 2011, I don't find that too surprising. I always thought that videos released near the end of the year had a tougher time. For what it's worth, I liked it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Scintilla wrote:If you only released it in November and it didn't show in any conventions until 2011, I don't find that too surprising. I always thought that videos released near the end of the year had a tougher time. For what it's worth, I liked it.

Perhaps.
I just wish they hadn't listed it as eligible this year if it somehow wasn't.
Next year it won't be so I have a video that was pretty much left out.
Meh...someday there will be justice. :P
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
User avatar
Deuce Loosely
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Herding wild marshmallows

Re: The Finals have started!

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:I also have to wonder how much of this is a popularity contest among the community.

Well yeah, we're voting to find out the most popular vids of 2010 ;p

But in all seriousness, I can see where you are coming from. As much as the individual nomination threads are used, I kinda feel like they won't do much difference - Personally, thats a crap-ton of videos to watch, so I basically vote for the ones I already know that I think are worthy (Though after nominations, I do watch each semifinalist etc.). Seems like your best bet for views will be if your announcement thread did well in the first place. Don't think that can really be helped though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron