Winners posted!

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Post by JazzyDJ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 am

This is a stupid question but things have changed since I have been hanging around here, and when I go to click on a video category it queues me to download videos I have already downloaded in years past. How do you view and vote videos in this competition this year? I mean I know for fact that "Smashing it Old School" is not a video that was released this year. I downloaded that about 2 years ago. Same with "The Audition".

So what's up? How come when I click on "The Angel Stomping Award" to veiw and to vote it shows old videos? :?:

How can I see the contender videos and vote?
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: The Semi-Finals have started!

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

JazzyDJ wrote:This is a stupid question but things have changed since I have been hanging around here, and when I go to click on a video category it queues me to download videos I have already downloaded in years past. How do you view and vote videos in this competition this year? I mean I know for fact that "Smashing it Old School" is not a video that was released this year. I downloaded that about 2 years ago. Same with "The Audition".

So what's up? How come when I click on "The Angel Stomping Award" to veiw and to vote it shows old videos? :?:

How can I see the contender videos and vote?
Did you clear your queue before adding the new videos? The new videos show up at the bottom of the queue.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: The Finals have started!

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 pm

The Finals are now live, so it's time to vote for what you believe is the best videos of 2010!

We'll be announcing the winners next week! :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm pretty peeved that my trailer / short / comedy / parody / fun video never made it onto the ballot during preliminary nominations.

I also have to wonder how much of this is a popularity contest among the community.
How many of us really have time to look at every video nominated / eligible?
There should be some modifications made for next year.
And yeah...the finalist page is confusing, too.

I shouldn't grump about an online contest as far as AMV Salad 4 (multi-editor) goes.

People at the conventions enjoy it, anyway.
I really should concentrate more on entertaining than winning...or something. :|
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm

And I found this message in my QC queue:

# 2011-02-22 21:56:56
Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.

My attention is on the bolded part.
What does that mean?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:And I found this message in my QC queue:

Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.

What does that mean?
It means they gave you a 1 star ratings because the video sucks so much they didn't even have to watch it to realize how bad it is.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:12 pm

godix wrote:
Deuce Loosely wrote:And I found this message in my QC queue:

What does that mean?
It means they gave you a 1 star ratings because the video sucks so much they didn't even have to watch it to realize how bad it is.
I'm gonna take that as a witty remark?
The comment was on AMV Salad 3 (which has 3.66 avg), last year's MEP entry.
So I dunno...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:I'm pretty peeved that my trailer / short / comedy / parody / fun video never made it onto the ballot during preliminary nominations.

If you only released it in November and it didn't show in any conventions until 2011, I don't find that too surprising. I always thought that videos released near the end of the year had a tougher time. For what it's worth, I liked it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Scintilla wrote:If you only released it in November and it didn't show in any conventions until 2011, I don't find that too surprising. I always thought that videos released near the end of the year had a tougher time. For what it's worth, I liked it.
Perhaps.
I just wish they hadn't listed it as eligible this year if it somehow wasn't.
Next year it won't be so I have a video that was pretty much left out.
Meh...someday there will be justice. :P
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:I also have to wonder how much of this is a popularity contest among the community.
Well yeah, we're voting to find out the most popular vids of 2010 ;p

But in all seriousness, I can see where you are coming from. As much as the individual nomination threads are used, I kinda feel like they won't do much difference - Personally, thats a crap-ton of videos to watch, so I basically vote for the ones I already know that I think are worthy (Though after nominations, I do watch each semifinalist etc.). Seems like your best bet for views will be if your announcement thread did well in the first place. Don't think that can really be helped though.

Return to “2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”