2011 VCA General Discussion

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: 2011 VCA General Discussion

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 am

Kazemon15 wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:
QC wrote:Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.
Is this...actually anything, or is someone trying to troll me? Because thats a random way to get a message.

I actually got one too. So I'm guessing it's no troll. ^^
Oh hey, I got four! :ying:
Ikore wrote::shark: semi-final voting done and now... what about pen-pen award? It´s some kind of joke with 4 nominees or something? :|
The qualified videos had to be under 60 seconds, so I guess the other semi-finalists were DQed for being too long(?)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Ikore wrote::shark: semi-final voting done and now... what about pen-pen award? It´s some kind of joke with 4 nominees or something? :|
The qualified videos had to be under 60 seconds, so I guess the other semi-finalists were DQed for being too long(?)
There were plenty of eligible videos that were short enough. They just didn't the minimum number of votes, apparently. I was particularly surprised that neither of Scintilla's shorts made it through.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Due to pending star requirement issues, this video is receiving a star rating without yet being watched. If you do not agree with this, please make your frustration with how this process is handled for high volume times such as the VCAs known.
i got it too. all i can say is if they had no intention of watching WHY WAS IT DOWNLOADED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

if people have gripes they need to leave others out of it and stand on their own feet.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:04 pm

You have to vote after every 10. Makes the ability to queue the entire list (to watch them all later) a little bit pointless.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 pm

it's still the responsibility of the viewer to leave an appropriate rating.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

I guess this at least makes the voting mandatory - if you DL ten, you have to vote.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:00 am

I got one of those as well. There are many viewers on the org who don't like the star scale and will simply vote whatever number they feel like and leave it at that. I've known people to set all 5s and those that set all 1s and many who set all 3s. It's standard practice especially for those who prefer to DL large quantities of vids at the same time as well as those who disagree with the mandatory nature of the star scale voting.

Personally though, I'd rather have not gotten a message at all. As that is an option.... guess someone wanted to make a point?
ImageImageImageImage

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 am

Best Short is a fail, as expected (for me). Next time, don't add a category just because someone asks for it :uhoh:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:40 am

MimS wrote:Best Short is a fail, as expected (for me). Next time, don't add a category just because someone asks for it :uhoh:
I think an award for Best Short-Form AMV is a great idea, but from what I've heard, many people had issues knowing how long videos were. If there were some way to filter the nomination options, I'd expect the number of semi-finalists to better match other categories.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 am

It can't be a great idea.
Watching a vid, you're not saying "hm, that lenght was cool", you just consider what's inside.
Or if there is "best short", there has to be "best long" and The Epic of Griffith would prolly win (reading org people ops on it) but I don't see anybody consider it as a point making the vid good. I would even say mentioning it to someone, you prolly say that there's no need to be afraid of the lenght.
Lenght isn't a matter point in editing. In addition, if it's good and short, you will regret this lenght like "Need moar, why is it so short?".

Anyway, the fact there weren't even enough vid to vote for in semi-finals seems enough to me.
There was no issue like that with "Best Storytelling" last year, nobody needed more explanation about it!

Just my op about that...

Return to “2011 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”