Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
uncreative
Org Profile

Re: Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Post by uncreative » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I wonder if Ginga Bishonen shounds quite as silly in japan as Galactic Prettyboy sounds here? "You didnt think you were the only Galactic Prettyboy, did you?" *snorts*
It does. There's not a language in the world where that sounds normal. They talk a bit about why they used that phrase in an interview translated here, but mostly it's for the lulz.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Im see everyone was loving this ep.

Plot wasn't quite as existent as the previous ep, but there was still more than other eps.

The green haired chick....she honestly sounded like a man, it was actually kinda distracting.

"Can you be a female Galactic Pretty Boy?" Yeeeah, this show officially doesn't take itself seriously. I mean, it was obvious from the get-go, but dang XD

And Takuto pulled out another superawesome move from his butt again. it was admittedly cool, but there's not much weight to these fights anymore...

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

Check it. Kou and Madoka are Sailor Uranus and Neptune, except their hair colors are switched. XD
I found it amusing since the guy who worked on Sailor Moon works on this. :'D xD I wish their voices were the same as SM's though, that would've been hilarious. xD

Anyways, alright episode was alright. Not liking the new maiden choice very much, but Head's new plans for the Crux prove to be interesting. :up:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Double post, my apologies.

Episode 19:
Good God, Takuto's just got moe overload there.

A good episode, though a bit much. Besides, where did Takuto and Sugata's consciousness go if Kou and Madoka posessed them? They don't remember anything and they certainly couldn't posess the womens' bodies. :\
But the biggest question on my mind is... what... the crap... did Keito do to Sugata in EPISODE 18?! They just left it at that! :down:
I thought Wako's birthday celebration was cute! :'3 Lol Takuto taking a photo of Sugata crying over onions (and Sugata punishes the onions of all things? XD)
I continue to dislike Kou and Madoka. Kou's Ginga Bishounen transformation was lame. What a random pose. :I
Anyways, next episode looks like something I'll enjoy extremely! Hello PLOT DEVELOPMENT! :'D

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm

so now they notice? lol

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

EkaCoralian wrote: But the biggest question on my mind is... what... the crap... did Keito do to Sugata in EPISODE 18?! They just left it at that! :down:
GOSH, seconded ><

Not a fan of Kou or Madoka either, design or personality wise. Their third phase abaility to posses people was interesting, but they don't really do much with the opportunity [I was honestly expecting some TakutoxSugata going on, considering how that pairing is mentioned every so often in series XD]. I dont really know what they were even trying to accomplish. Heck, using Tauburn like the mentioned would have been very interesting as well. All in all, it was a neat concept, but totally wasted.

The birthday aspects, on the other hand, were really fun. "Even the onions must be punished", eh Sugata? Maybe this show would be better off if they split it into two different series entirely, the school aspect and the fighting. I find myself enjoying the former a lot more lately.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:05 pm

wow, talk about revelations into the past of some characters. ep 20 shows some wierd stuff near the end

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

This episode was quite good! I really liked how everything was revealed (even though I guess I'm still confused as to why Reiji's waiting for the person to wake up if, y'know, eyepatch man gave him a mark)
I also was pretty gobsmacked at how that was a guy (lolyaoihints). Also, who the heck was he? XD Random dude with a mark, alright then.

Anyways, good episode was good. I like Reiji more now. : D

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:This episode was quite good! I really liked how everything was revealed (even though I guess I'm still confused as to why Reiji's waiting for the person to wake up if, y'know, eyepatch man gave him a mark)
I also was pretty gobsmacked at how that was a guy (lolyaoihints). Also, who the heck was he? XD Random dude with a mark, alright then.

you like him more? lol, if anything the ep showed how much of a douche he is. and how old is he anyway, considering he looks exactly the same as in the past

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 am

Jasta85 wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:This episode was quite good! I really liked how everything was revealed (even though I guess I'm still confused as to why Reiji's waiting for the person to wake up if, y'know, eyepatch man gave him a mark)

you like him more? lol, if anything the ep showed how much of a douche he is. and how old is he anyway, considering he looks exactly the same as in the past
Well technically if only for the background on the guy. xD; The mystery behind his character irked me for the longest time.
And I'm really not sure: some people say that not aging is his first phase, but its debateable because I'm not sure if passing on a mark from someone to someone else means that the new person gets the same first phase. *shrugs*

I have a feeling his lack of aging has something to do with his motive to make Cybodies move in real time.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”