Smaller file format than huffyuv?-FCP

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Smaller file format than huffyuv?-FCP

Post by JudgeHolden » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:32 am

PianoSymphony wrote:Forgot to add one more thing to my last response/question: When I export from Compressor, I use the setting "DVD: Best quality 90 minutes> MPEG-2 6.2Mbps 2-Pass" for Video, and "Aiff 44.1:16" for audio to get my .m2v and .aif. (I've been setting my audio at 44.1 in most cases because it doesn't create a hollow sound at the con). Are those the video settings you use JudgeHolden?

Thanks!
Those sound fine, but 48/16 is the DVD standard. As for changing it to 640:480, i'm not sure (have never had that issue). Is your footage 4:3? Honestly, I just send them what converts out of Mpegstream and have never been DQed for it, so you ought to be fine.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am

You can shave off quite a bit of space compared to HuffYUV by using FFV1 with the arithmetic coder and a large keyframe interval: it's supported by Perian and should operate just as well as HuffYUV with the AMVApp stuff.
◔ ◡ ◔

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 am

Tab. wrote:should operate just as well as HuffYUV with the AMVApp stuff.
Scratch that, I assumed AMVApp included ffdshow. But it's a simple matter of getting it here or here and running the installer in WINE.
◔ ◡ ◔

Return to “Mac Software”