Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

Post by Kosmit » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:48 am

Kyubei is such a manipulative bastard... >_>

iNSPIR1T
Org Profile

Post by iNSPIR1T » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Yeah, at first I thought Kyuubei was a cool lil' dude. Cute. But now, he seems to just be evil. I know he doesn't understand human values, but shouldn't he understand human reasoning? Because he spends his whole existence, literally stalking young girls. tbh, he should be locked up for it. You'd think he would have understood how to speak to humans and show some tact. He's a great salesman, but a dirty scammer too.
iNSPIRE

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:58 am

STEELiMOUTO wrote: Which sucks, because every episode I'm looking forward to seeing her make the change and wish Mami back to life (obviously going to be her wish).
If Mami ever does come back alive, I'm pretty sure it would be a side effect of the wish and not the wish itself (or she comes back alive as a witch). Either way, it's definitely one of the better shows this season.
Under Construction

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:51 am

My bet is everyone dies horribly and Madoka turns back the time and changes everything as her wish ^^

iNSPIR1T
Org Profile

Post by iNSPIR1T » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 am

8bit, that would be cool. lol

Nya, that's a very, very terrible ending. Terrible in a good way. lol, and seeing how the anime doesn't pull its punches.. its a likelihood. As much as it kills me to say this, I hope that actually happens. It would be cool to have a series end that way. A bit brutal, but cool. Puella Magi is a seinen anime, so its very possible. My only gripe is that its almost over, and Madoka hasn't become a Puella Magi still. And I've been fiending for it since I first saw the opening.

Maybe everyone is brutally killed, and Madoka uses her wish for something and then takes the burden of fighting all alone. Hence, how in the opening she's in tears, alone. That symbology has to be for something. The whole opening gives you that feel of her being alone. Even with the scenes with Mami and Sayaka.
iNSPIRE

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:46 am

OH GOD YES. Ep 8 was fucking awesome. A couple things didn't turn out the way I thought it did, though that's a good thing.
Spoiler :
Most notably QB being a bad guy, I originally thought he was more of a neutral character.
I predict the next couple episodes to be quite epic :up:
Under Construction

iNSPIR1T
Org Profile

Post by iNSPIR1T » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:33 pm

I was getting so sore, because the anime felt like some episodes were wasteful without any actual development towards the story. I felt that they were spending too much time setting a tone, that they forgot to progress with characters. With that aside, episode 8 was no joke. That was some epic shit right there.
Spoiler :
I never trusted that lil' bastard QB to begin with. He always seemed like a con artist because of his voice, pretentiousness and pursue over lolis. He always seemed to be an evil little creeper to me. Its funny that even though I felt there was no character progression or any real developments some episodes, the betrayal I felt from QB was real. I'm still pissed at him. So I guess they were doing something right after all, otherwise I wouldn't have felt attached enough to be angry with QB to begin with.

However, with that said, we can't actually tell yet if QB is evil or not. Because, the conversation was out of context and very vague. You don't know if its been purposely planted there by the creators to make us doubt QB and trust Homura.

Because of Homura's defensive stance over Madoka, people just accepted she was not suspicious. However, think about how freaky she is. With lack of emotion every episode, then crying to Madoka, acting like they're close (although they hinted at Homura's abilities of Time travel of sorts, so its possible). Then when Madoka left, she resumed a lack of emotion. So what does that mean? Is the waterworks a guise too?

So far, the only one who seems to be legit is the upstart Kyoko. Keep ya heads up.

Consider the Monkey wrench thrown.
iNSPIRE

iNSPIR1T
Org Profile

Post by iNSPIR1T » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:36 pm

We need Victorique from Gosick to help figure out whats going on in Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
iNSPIRE

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:14 am

iNSPIR1T wrote:
Spoiler :
However, with that said, we can't actually tell yet if QB is evil or not. Because, the conversation was out of context and very vague. You don't know if its been purposely planted there by the creators to make us doubt QB and trust Homura.
Are you kidding me?
Spoiler :
The fact that he makes contracts with girls to slay people whom he previously made contracts with, just only "grown up," seems a bit evil to me. There's also the fact that he absorbed a grief seed and later on Homerun-chan calls him "incubator," which I''m sure isn't a coincidence. If anything, his behavior could be at least described as cynical. It would seem to me that he is tired of his job and that the only reason he wants to make a contract with Madoka is that so she could destroy everything, whether it's related to Puella Magi or not.

Homerun-chan, on the other hand, is most definitely the wild card, being from the future. It is implied that she came back in time to keep Madoka from the suffering that is Puella Magi, which does indeed seems like a noble act. Even so, it wouldn't help ending the endless cycle of Puella Magis and Witches. At least not the way QB intended from what I gather.
Well, something along those lines, at least.
Under Construction

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 am

Also, beiung the ultimate Puella Magi = needs many grief seeds to purify her soul gem = kills everything = is out of witches and grief seeds and can't purify anymore =
Spoiler :
becomes the most ultimate witch that kills everybody

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”