Zenkaikon 2011 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
fallz19
Org Profile

Re: Zenkaikon 2011 AMV Contest

Post by fallz19 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:14 am

ReligionX wrote:This is your 2 weeks to the deadline notice.
fallz19 wrote:to the moderators: I already gave the link of my vid through e-mail......but I haven't received any approval yet or any reply...so I would just like to inform you guys once again...and hopefully you'll send an approval message/reply..thanks!
If your editor name is fallzz, and your e-mail address starts with st and ends in yahoo.com, and your video is uploaded to http://www.animemusicvideos.org, I sent you an e-mail using the e-mail you sent, and sent in your video information, on December 12, 2010. My e-mail address is ReligionX@animemusicvideos.org.
Monitor Zombie wrote:Is the 10 point scale just an in house judgement system to figure out the finalists or does it have bearing on the final winner as well? Will we be notified of our ?/10 score and/or if we made the cut before the con?
The 10 point scale is just for the pre-screening, to determine which videos make it into the AMV Contest. The winners of the AMV Contest are chosen by con-goers only. At the convention, each person is given a ballot, and may select their favorite video in each genre. While we love our con-goers very much, we wouldn't want them to have to look for technical issues and give point deductions to videos. If a person selects 2+ videos in 1 genre, we don't count their vote for that genre.

The persons participating in the AMV Contest and / or General Screening will have their editor names posted, in a list, on this forum and the zenkaikon.com forum. If you want to know your score(s) from the pre-screening, you may e-mail me after the pre-screening.
I see...thanks!! so it's all good then....but somehow I didn't receive any message updates in my e-mail from you....I'll add your personal e-mail anyways... :up:

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bzz: :beer: :mrgreen: :pizza: :bzz2:

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

This is your final reminder of the deadline on January 1, 2011 at 11:59 PM, EST. All editors who have submitted a video, or e-mailed a question have been responded to. Any videos submitted at this point are considered final drafts. As mentioned earlier, FTP from Zenkaikon is no longer available for submitting AMVs.

If you have not gotten a response from me, please send me another e-mail, as it is likely I have not gotten your video, or that my e-mail to you is in your spam folder.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:12 am

Happy new year!

Come on editors! Let's see some more AMVs! Fill my inbox!
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 am

Hello again. I have an important update.

The deadline for the Zenkaikon 2011 AMV Contest has been pushed back to February 19, 2011.

We did not receive a sufficient number of submissions to hold a pre-screening, or to be able to provide quality presentations at Zenkaikon. We feel that the deadline was set at a poorly chosen date, right after the New Year, and proceeding the holiday season. We had hoped to feature our AMV Contest ballot, in whole, in the program guide, and that was the reason for this due date. We will no longer be able to do this. As a compromise, all editors who submitted an AMV to Zenkaikon 2011 by the original due date will have their editor name featured in the program guide.

We welcome all editors to submit to Zenkaikon's AMV Contest, and encourage existing submitted editors to make corrections to their videos by the new deadline. All editors who have already submitted an AMV to Zenkaikon will be e-mailed individually over the next few days after a second review of their AMV has been made.

The rules page on the Zenkaikon AMV Contest rules will be updated in the next few days to reflect this change. The rules of the AMV Contest as a whole will not change, but clarifications will be added to the rules, featuring the updates to the rules as posted on this forum thread, and from questions regarding the AMV Contest by e-mail.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:16 am

The AMV Contest Rules have been updated with the new date and with answers to some questions I have been asked. None of the rules have been changed-- just clarified.
http://www.zenkaikon.com/events/amv.php

Shadow0101
Org Profile

Post by Shadow0101 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:00 am

man oh man, i'll lose track of all my entries if each one keeps getting extended. T_T
Shadow

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:11 pm

2 Weeks to the deadline.

xDreww2
Org Profile

Post by xDreww2 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 pm

ReligionX wrote:2 Weeks to the deadline.
Do you have a list on the submissions?

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:05 pm

xDreww2 wrote:
ReligionX wrote:2 Weeks to the deadline.
Do you have a list on the submissions?
I don't know what you mean. You want to know who has submitted already? I won't post that information.

1 week to the deadline.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 am

Oh, I am so very pleased! As of this morning we have exceeded the number of submissions from last year's contest! Thank you everyone. You are wonderful people. If you have any more videos to submit, even if they are directly for the general screening, please send them in. There's only a few days left!

Return to “AMV Contests”