Is it worth it?

Agetec
Org Profile

Is it worth it?

Post by Agetec » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:58 am

I'm new to the forums but I have searched and browsed for my answer to no avil, but I'm wondering if it is worth investing in adobe premiere elements or pro I'm really looking into making some hardcore and interesting AMV's seeing as the editor I'm using is not that great. I've only made 2 AMV's but I've been editing some gaming videos but I'm really having fun with AMV's. Any tips.

post-it
Org Profile

Re: Is it worth it?

Post by post-it » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:03 pm

.. well yeah .. the first question is not Product Name ( I use AiST Elements 6.0 Extreme )
however I know that company and trust its software.
1) can it do 600 frames per second ?
2) is the screen size larger than 14,000 By 6400 ?
3) can it encode AC_3 .. 5 .. 7 .. and AC_9 audio tracks ?
4) how many Video Lines will you require to be editing with .. 32, 64, 2 ?

.. Simple Facts about any Editor:
A) it should be able to handle at least 2 Video and 2 Audio Tracks.
B) it would be nice if it understood H264.
C) it should be able to save your projects, "as is"
D) expect to have many clips under two seconds ( and see if there is a Clip Storing Limitation. )
.. other than that, they are as useful as you have learned how to use it. [[ think about it!! ]]

.. Adobe, Sony, AiST, Avid, Magix, MGI, abcStudio, DDClips .. the more you know
about editing in general, the quicker you realize that "these all do the same bloody-things."

? is there a difference ? .. not in my eyes. AiST was the first software I messed with;
it will possibly be "my default Editor" for the rest of my life on computers -- I know what it can do
and its interface was USB before computers dropped the RS-232 standards. To me,
AiST is WAY ahead of its time -Period!- .. .. Avid is not designed for U-Matic editing, nor
is anything other than Magix software. Therefor, being able to Integrate with other
editing peripherals Is What's Important To Me. .. .. .. so, like, what do you need your
software to do for you? .. do you even know yet? ( don't be surprised if you don't know;
I deal with Editors 24/7 .. from TV Studio's to Teaching Classes in Audio/Visual Classrooms. )

.. Simply define what your needs are and read the fine-print one these boxxes; what
you are looking for just might be Adobe Products. Magix is the simplest but, having problems
lately. Avid is the most expensive and offers little in the way of peripherals interfacing.

.. which ever one you work with the most will be the one you understand the best. 8-)

P.S. .. the standards for the AMV org is 23.94 fps, 720p 576p 480p and 360p, X264 whenever possible,
stereo audio if you can "do no better" ^__^ hehe .. and about 2½ minutes in length preferred. ± 30meg total in size.
.. .. oh yeah, No YouTubing!

Enjoy and relax .. you figure-out what you need it for and you'll enjoy it even more.

Agetec
Org Profile

Post by Agetec » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:52 am

That was the most Kind and helpful post i have ever read. Thanks so much for that reply!

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 am

I'm not trying to sway you in the direction of any particular editor, but you might give Sony Vegas a try. It has a 30-day trial period. Also, I tried the Premiere Elements trial and it didn't even give me the ability to set my own frame size, so I'm personally staying away from it. When I have money, I plan to try out Premiere Pro (CS5).
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 pm

I don't use vegas, but I think it gives you the most bang for your buck.

MetamorphosisStudios
Org Profile

Post by MetamorphosisStudios » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:49 am

Hmm are you a student? if you are i can help you get a disscount just pm me

Return to “Video Editing Software”