Hourou Musuko

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Corran
Org Profile

Re: Hourou Musuko

Post by Corran » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 am

guy07 wrote:Still loving the artwork. The romeo and juliet thing was sorta cliche tho. How many episodes are we gonna get?
According to ANN this series is 11 episodes.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 am

hm ... that should be good. a full season might feel like it's dragging on a bit. Would be super cool if they did a After story type deal where they were getting the sex changes.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:53 pm

guy07 wrote:hm ... that should be good. a full season might feel like it's dragging on a bit. Would be super cool if they did a After story type deal where they were getting the sex changes.
And the planets have aligned. I agree with guy07. Seeing the results of the sex changes would be really great.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 am

I hope this show doesn't go in that direction. Gender Identity is one thing. Physical modification goes way beyond being able to accept yourself for who you are...

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Corran wrote:I hope this show doesn't go in that direction. Gender Identity is one thing. Physical modification goes way beyond being able to accept yourself for who you are...
.________.
Gender Identity Disorder is essentially wanting to be the other gender. So the logical thing to do is to become that other gender. Speaking from my experience, I have learned to accept myself the way I am. I still don't like it and I want to change.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Corran wrote:I hope this show doesn't go in that direction.
Gender Identity is one thing; physical modification goes way beyond being able to accept yourself for who you are...
my point exactly; that's where its headed and THAT's why I dropped it. The manga's more specific about why .. .. ...

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 pm

and seriously, with Gender Identity Disorder, accepting who you are means accepting that you are one gender inside the wrong body. I am in fact extremely offended by the suggestion that it is not.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:42 pm

hasteroth wrote:and seriously, with Gender Identity Disorder, accepting who you are means accepting that you are one gender inside the wrong body. I am in fact extremely offended by the suggestion that it is not.
I'm extremely offended by the suggestion that you are qualified to speak on symptoms, causes and treatments of Gender Identity Disorder, having neither academic background nor actual clinical experience in anything relating to it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:47 pm

hasteroth wrote:and seriously, with Gender Identity Disorder, accepting who you are means accepting that you are one gender inside the wrong body. I am in fact extremely offended by the suggestion that it is not.
Dom, please stop. Yes, we know about your self-diagnosed disorder, but really, no one wants to hear about it 24/7. So I ask as kindly as possible, please just stop mentioning it, is it really always relevant? If it's not a way to attract attention as you claim it's not, then prove it and stop mentioning it.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:09 pm

post-it wrote:
Corran wrote:I hope this show doesn't go in that direction.
Gender Identity is one thing; physical modification goes way beyond being able to accept yourself for who you are...
my point exactly; that's where its headed and THAT's why I dropped it. The manga's more specific about why .. .. ...
The series ended today and I don't agree with this comment. The show never really went there...

Anyways, I really enjoyed this show.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”