Live broadcasting

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Live broadcasting

Post by Kawatta-kun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:34 am

I've been watching G-AMV through that, and then i registered at justin.tv, to give it a try, since I'm hosting a nacional AMV contest, here in portugal, during a special con.
Is there any other way to live broadcasting, without being by webcam, phone or desktop? Meaning, filming by, let's say, Canon (yeah i get it's impossible but anyway ^^' ).
Image Image

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: Live broadcasting

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:15 am

Are you kidding me? Seriously! That's what I try to find out right now O_O And yes I also have a con and amv contest in mind.

My opinion: More than possible with VLC Player.

Let's look at our topology:

Camera-> Live Output-> Capture Card-> VLC Player-> Streaming-> LAN -> VLC Player (doesn't have to be) -> Beamer

That should work. I can't help you out with details for now. I also have to look them up by myself. VLC let's you select your inputs for streaming. You can select a capture device and audio input. The audio input can be very helpful if you take the final mixdown of the show as input.

Let's say you display your videos over a beamer. Beamers should have monitoring output too! So let's set up a media switch in front of the capturing pc. The inputs for the switch would be your camera and your beamer.

Camera___|
|----> SWITCH ---> PC capturing inputs ----> VLC [...]
Beamer __|

You could switch live between a camera that is set to the moderator AND between the high quality AMVs. ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!!???

The possibilities are enormous. You can even make live webstreams that could be hooked up by ANY device.

Canon make good cameras. It works with any camera that has monitoring output. However Canon HDSLRs won't work because of the ~12 min clip restriction (unless you have Magic Lantern on it, than you can somehow avoid it without capturing the video and only outputting in via HDMI).

Heck... I'm so excited now. I need to try that out O_O Alright! I think I will try to set this up for the AniNite AMV Contest at the end of August. A live web stream would be amazing :3
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 am

This is the VLC documentation about streaming:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Streaming

and hear is a nice picture to give you an idea about the concept:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm setting that up for my con as well. It seems that 2011 will be the year of live broadcasts. I plan on using ustream. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/amvs-momocon I just need a different camcorder. For some reason, the one that I have right now isn't able to take the place of my built in webcam.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Mhmm... since we're more on this subject, we could make a combined broadcast channel for every event!

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:29 pm

GEZUUS I'M CONFUSED!! X'D
All of that, through justin.tv?
Image Image

Return to “General AMV”