Premiere CS3- No audio output

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Sairyoku
Org Profile

Premiere CS3- No audio output

Post by Sairyoku » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:49 am

So, I've been using Premiere Pro CS3 for quite some time now. But for some reason, sometimes the audio output gets screwed up somehow (this continue on for days, no matter how many times I reboot the system). Currently when I create a new project and import audio (.wav), it plays, but there's no sound in both the import window and the timeline. It's the same if I open any of my older projects too.

Any Ideas?

Also, Everything else works fine when it comes to playing audio (i.e. WMP, iTunes, Chrome), so I doubt it's a hardware issue.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Premiere CS3- No audio output

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 am

If you're using Windows Vista or 7, you can check your sound mixer (right-click the speaker in the taskbar and "Open Volume Mixer") and make sure that the application isn't muted.

Also, in Premiere, you can check your Audio Hardware preferences and make sure that your speakers are the default output and not some other device.

Sairyoku
Org Profile

Re: Premiere CS3- No audio output

Post by Sairyoku » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

I looked, and it seems that Premiere doesn't even show up in the volume mixer when I open it (I'm using Vista-32 bit btw).

And if messed with just about every audio setting I could find in Premiere, but alas, no luck.

Return to “Adobe Software”