Really need help with editing problems.

CecileThompson
Org Profile

Really need help with editing problems.

Post by CecileThompson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi all, I apologise in advance for coming here to ask this but i'm really at my wits end and i just don't know exactly what to do.

I've been editing for many years, for most of that time ive used Adobe Premiere Pro, using CS4 as my most recent build. Editing used to be so simple just by dropping video files in, editing them and exporting them. I've wanted to take up editing again but It would seem the times have changed and now every piece of footage i lay my hands on is an MP4, occasionally MKV. Although it's extremely rare for one of these files to be accepted by CS4, when one is i find it to be so exceptionally slow that it results in 4 minute long freeze sessions every time i move the preview slider. I've tried using WinAvi and SUPER to convert the files in to AVI, or WMV or anything that would just /work/ but half the time it just freezes the apps and stops. When they do actually convert i find they have a terribly pixelated mess from start to finish, like this;

When a file is accepted in to CS4 and doesn't have any of the above mentioned problems, it seems to only display the first 2 minutes or so of the footage, which is heart breaking. I upload to a YouTube account, and to make matters worse it appears that everything i render out, no matter what codecs and settings i use, the upload is always of terrible quality, espescially compared to all the AMVs i see around on YT these days. i cant make anything in HD and i feel so left behind. all the problems i try and research just lead me nowhere.

As much as i love Adobe, i felt compelled to return to Sony Vegas and see if compatibility was any better, so i downloaded the trial for Movie studio Platinum 10. Although i notice a considerble increase even in just preview quality, and that it appeared to import MP4 files, i was again heartbroken to see that every file contained those horrible pixels from the above picture. Aside from that, the speed of the program is a lot better and the footage looked amazing. I think it would make a great alternative if only i could do something about that pixelated mess.

I'm sorry again for this, but ive posted just about everywhere i can think and this is my last resort. I guess what im asking is first of all, what can be done to fix whats happening in that picture (if anything) and if there is a way to get these files (usually RAW episodes of Bleach, in particular) to import and then render out in to an acceptable quality in CS4 and/or Sony Vegas Platinum 10, for youtube uploading? If theres anything you need to know please ask, and thank you in advance.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Really need help with editing problems.

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 pm

You should read this guide: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/
You eventually get to a section in there which talks about how to get mp4 and mkv and stuff into your editing program.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Really need help with editing problems.

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Or just use AViSynth and convert your footage.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”